DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution?
May 18, 2016 at 4:47 PM Post #1,877 of 2,123
No expert here and i have not heard the dn2000j. But i have read several comparisons and i do have the crk9. I think its save to say that the dn2000j is overall a lot better but also more than 300 us. Crk9 cost less than 200 us.

Crk9 , very good bass, bright treble and for me sometimes to bright. I think dn2000j and Flc 8s is on the same level. When i make a/b between Flc 8s and crk8 the difference is huge. Flc 8s is a lot clearer and more details. I think is the same with dn2000j and Crk9. If u can afford it go with dn2000j og maybe Flc 8s
smily_headphones1.gif

Pls, no.

May 18, 2016 at 8:50 PM Post #1,879 of 2,123
Get the dn2kj, my entire music library is of EDM and no other iem that I've tried handles it anywhere near as well as these.

Eh, imo it doesn't have enough bass emphasis to do EDM justice.  Try something like the Sony XBA-A3 or FX-850/FX-1100.  Maybe the DN-1000?

May 18, 2016 at 9:31 PM Post #1,880 of 2,123
It might be helpful to find out what signature he actually likes first.  Assuming an EDM lover is automatically a basshead who wants big bass is a generalisation and a big one.  I quite like EDM - but I don't overly like enhanced bass.

Its not until you have a complete picture that you can start recommending anything.  And your tastes may be directly opposite to his.

May 18, 2016 at 9:43 PM Post #1,881 of 2,123
  It might be helpful to find out what signature he actually likes first.  Assuming an EDM lover is automatically a basshead who wants big bass is a generalisation and a big one.  I quite like EDM - but I don't overly like enhanced bass.

Its not until you have a complete picture that you can start recommending anything.  And your tastes may be directly opposite to his.

Well, yes.  That's why I said imo.

May 18, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #1,882 of 2,123
Wasn't singling you out either Uber 
wink.gif
 - if mehdikh423 can describe his preferences, I'm sure both you and hapster will be able to help him.  He just needs to give you a few more clues as to what he's after.

May 18, 2016 at 10:29 PM Post #1,883 of 2,123
I agree and sorry :). If you can't give a good answer stay away! But maybe he don't know his signature?

I have been reading for some time in here and learned a lot but i have learned more by listening to different phones. It is an expensive hobby :). You don't always save money by buying cheap. :)

May 19, 2016 at 12:03 AM Post #1,884 of 2,123
I agree and sorry :). If you can't give a good answer stay away! But maybe he don't know his signature?

I have been reading for some time in here and learned a lot but i have learned more by listening to different phones. It is an expensive hobby :). You don't always save money by buying cheap. :)

Yea well look at the AK series portable devices, they're glorified ipods that cost 5-10 times as much for even less usability.

Saying that the Dn-2kj doesn't have enough bass is ludicrous. With an Eq, different tips, and the spacers, there's easily more than enough. You don't want to sacrifice the ability to really clearly produce the low bass notes for the pure loudness you'd get with other IEMs.

Like I said, my Music Library (4500+ songs) consists entirely of Electronic music, EDM, Deep House, and Trance. At the current price of these, compared to the available market about a year ago, not a whole lot can touch these in terms of lightness, comfort, sq, and durability.

Edit: I briefly owned the Jvc Ha-fx 1100 and it ain't got schiit on the Dn2kj, it had far too much mid bass to be enjoyable for any Dance Music, as well as being extremely large and bulky. Treble was no competition against the dn2kj as well.

May 19, 2016 at 12:20 AM Post #1,885 of 2,123
Hi i want a earphone max 300 dollar..my music is edm and pop..do you think dn2000j is good for me? Or Ckr9? Or other dunu models? My player is fiio x5ii..thanks

DN2000J's lower treble has a HUGE spike at 6KHz. This may sound piercing and may cause distress. Using Comply tips with wax guards help, but it is still nowhere near natural.
  1. The synthesizers used in EDM may be emphasized. Some people like that extra aggressive edge, but I personally find it very unnatural.
  2. A lot of pop music is poorly produced, so a treble spike this big may multiply the harshness by a lot. Some songs may be okay, but others whose frequency content just so match the 6KHz peak will stab at your ears. (Fix You by Coldplay through DN2000J was the most sibilant thing I've ever heard.)
  3. In my opinion, gear that is objectively competent in terms of frequency response (which DN2000J is not), resolution, distortion, impulse response/decay will be good for any genre. If you like neutrality and natural sound then you may not like DN2000J.

May 19, 2016 at 1:11 AM Post #1,886 of 2,123
DN2000J's lower treble has a HUGE spike at 6KHz. This may sound piercing and may cause distress. Using Comply tips with wax guards help, but it is still nowhere near natural.
  • The synthesizers used in EDM may be emphasized. Some people like that extra aggressive edge, but I personally find it very unnatural.
  • A lot of pop music is poorly produced, so a treble spike this big may multiply the harshness by a lot. Some songs may be okay, but others whose frequency content just so match the 6KHz peak will stab at your ears. (Fix You by Coldplay through DN2000J was the most sibilant thing I've ever heard.)
  • In my opinion, gear that is objectively competent in terms of frequency response (which DN2000J is not), resolution, distortion, impulse response/decay will be good for any genre. If you like neutrality and natural sound then you may not like DN2000J.

And on the same token, how many people suggest the Sennheiser Hd650 for EDM?
(Hint: none)
It's most frequently described as "Neutral" and "Natural", so keep that in mind.

May 19, 2016 at 1:24 AM Post #1,887 of 2,123
  • The synthesizers used in EDM may be emphasized. Some people like that extra aggressive edge, but I personally find it very unnatural.
  • A lot of pop music is poorly produced, so a treble spike this big may multiply the harshness by a lot. Some songs may be okay, but others whose frequency content just so match the 6KHz peak will stab at your ears. (Fix You by Coldplay through DN2000J was the most sibilant thing I've ever heard.)
  • In my opinion, gear that is objectively competent in terms of frequency response (which DN2000J is not), resolution, distortion, impulse response/decay will be good for any genre. If you like neutrality and natural sound then you may not like DN2000J.

It's most frequently described as "Neutral" and "Natural", so keep that in mind.

Even if it were true that nobody suggests HD650 for EDM, that may have more to do with its visual mismatch (imagine looking at your EDM listener wearing HD650) than any perceived shortcoming in the sound.

On this topic: http://www.head-fi.org/t/604058/whats-all-this-best-iem-for-rock-pop-bang-nonsense

OP just needs to forget what genre he's listening to and simply state forthright what kind of sound signature he prefers.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 19, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #1,888 of 2,123

Just because you have a minority opinion doesn't mean you should conform to majority opinion. I would suggest HD650 as a good headphone for EDM because I would suggest HD650 as a good headphone, period. It is technically competent with low distortion and quick decay. A simply well-performing, accurate piece of gear is versatile. Not enough sub-bass for you taste? Feel free to boost it with equalization; you got fast bass response and max 2% distortion to back you up. Not enough treble? Boost it if you want since there's not much ringing to be amplified. My friend Anthony loves EDM on his HD600 (without equalization in his case). On the other hand, earphones/headphones' treble spikes are often (not always) caused by resonances, which are hard to deal with.

May 19, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #1,890 of 2,123
hi, they have finally come .. !!
I just take 2 hours and I can say WOW .. 
smile.gif

I hope soon grab rings settings and tips for better enjoyment.
the sound is spectacular, everything is there ...
I have connected to FiiO X1 and FiiO E17K and in many cases is like listening to the song again ...
I have a question rookie .. that gain recommend?
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back