DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution?
Sep 17, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #1,081 of 2,123

Imo, it's for the most part serving the "moar is better" mentality of customers. Same as with compact cameras and megapixels.

I think it's true to some extent, but only for BAs. A single dynamic Can cover the spectrum just fine, it's just trickier to tune. For BAs, ime, you at least need 4 BAs to cover the whole spectrum and even then that set up will likely require some vent system for bass extension. After 4, I think it just becomes about having a more unique sound.

Thanks Guys..,

As I am kinda new to IEMS,and earphones in general,I tried to explain to myself ,the logic of laying out $339- for the $2Kj, after just buying, the Titan-1's,a week before.
My logic was,it MUST be better,having a 3 drivers,one for bass,one for mids,one for treble ,after I got delivery ,of the $2Kj's ,I was a bit disappointed,when I spent 5 hours comparing the 2 earphones...same setup,same amp/dac,same volume levels.

Don't get me wrong,I love both,but there is NO .".night & day" difference,and not 100% sure ,they are worth ,.. triple the price.

Sep 17, 2015 at 3:41 PM Post #1,082 of 2,123

Thanks Guys..,

As I am kinda new to IEMS,and earphones in general,I tried to explain to myself ,the logic of laying out $339- for the $2Kj, after just buying, the Titan-1's,a week before.
My logic was,it MUST be better,having a 3 drivers,one for bass,one for mids,one for treble ,after I got delivery ,of the $2Kj's ,I was a bit disappointed,when I spent 5 hours comparing the 2 earphones...same setup,same amp/dac,same volume levels.

Don't get me wrong,I love both,but there is NO .".night & day" difference,and not 100% sure ,they are worth ,.. triple the price.

Thing is, the Titans are extraordinarily good earphones for the price. And while I think the 2000J are better, I agree that it's not a "night & day" difference.
But I've heard more than a few multi-driver IEMs over the years that I'd definitely rate below the Titans.

Sep 17, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #1,083 of 2,123

Thing is, the Titans are extraordinarily good earphones for the price. And while I think the 2000J are better, I agree that it's not a "night & day" difference.
But I've heard more than a few multi-driver IEMs over the years that I'd definitely rate below the Titans.

I agree..Still the 2Kj's give me that little bit of extra detail,that I'm picking up on ,now that I'm approaching 75-100 hours.

All that being said ,...very curious ,as to what these new Dunu's will bring to the table,seems like this company,, will have a lot to offer,and at ,very attractive price.
Just my ,.02cents

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #1,085 of 2,123
~

Sep 17, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #1,086 of 2,123
^ Yes and none can reach 20khz adequately, though they do a great job with bass whereas most other BAs don't. Maybe the Lab 1 is able to do it with 2, but there is no concrete proof of it.

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #1,087 of 2,123
~

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #1,088 of 2,123
Thing is the roll off starts after 10k, it doesn't have the airyness of a well extended set up

This applies to the heaven V and VII Ive heard

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #1,089 of 2,123
~

Sep 17, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #1,090 of 2,123
Some you posted some are just as bad. Compare any FAD (except maybe Lab 1) to a 30$ Tenore or MH1 and these clearly have the extra treble bandwidth those are missing

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #1,091 of 2,123
~

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #1,092 of 2,123
UE900 can reach 20kz it's just laid back. EX1000 also lacks some treble extension like the FADs, K3003 is fine. As you can see MH1 is noticeably airier. Also the weird thing with the heaven Ii is that it has more treble extension than even the heaven VII but unlike all the higher end models, doesn't have the bass extension and decay of them

Hope this ends it, this discussion doesn't belong here and I'm just explaining things that are not related

Sep 17, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #1,093 of 2,123
~

Sep 17, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #1,094 of 2,123
Hi all - couple of answers regarding posts in last couple of pages.

@mikek200 - just my experience but I've heard triple and quad driver set-ups which are nowhere near as good as duals or even some singles.  A lot of it depends on the type of driver, the range it has, how it's tuned, and the crossovers used.  So all I was trying to do was point out that relying on numbers of drivers is not a guarantee of quality.  IMO, dynamics do tend to have far better overall range (in terns of entire frequency extension)  - and a well tuned single can be absolutely excellent if done right.

For BA's - I tend to agree a little more with Inks that often you benefit from multiple drivers to fully cover the spectrum and give better accuracy (again just IMO).  A lot again depends on tuning and crossovers.  But again a lot more does not guarantee better quality - it's implementation.  Take the Savant (dual), or SE425 (again dual).  Both are brilliantly tuned IMO - nicely neutral.  Savant has more extension both ends - but even it suffers a little with the low bass.  SE425 is noticeably rolled off both ends.  Switching to SE535 and you definitely get far better bass definition and extension. But for my tastes the mids are too forward, and there is still not enough treble extension.  Personally I'd take the Savant over the SE535.  More drivers doesn't guarantee better sound 
wink.gif

And the Titan IMO was one out of the box.  Very, very good dynamic implementation.  For value, one of the best releases I've heard.  Is the 2KJ three times as good - no.  But which ultimately ticks my boxes more for pure listening pleasure - the 2KJ.  Much better bass, more isolation, faster overall.  For me the extra is worth it. YMMV 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back