Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Mar 12, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #1,261 of 1,320
There is a separate thread for the 2000J - here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/755301/dunu-dn-2000j-more-than-evolution

And I'd suggest that you use the 2000J for 2-3 days without swapping back and forth.  Let your ears have the same chance with the DUNUs as you've given the GR07 over a m,uch longer before jumping to a conclusion. Then come back and compare.

My experience is that making an early conclusion - especially when swapping between 2 IEMs if one is quite new to you - is often pointless.  Giving it a few days adds a healthy dose of perspective.

For me the fit is super critical. Without a good fit they sound thin.

Mar 29, 2016 at 12:06 AM Post #1,262 of 1,320
content____05.jpg

Here is the new DN-2000F, released by FiiO along with X5II as a bundled limited edition in China.

Rough translation:
DN2000F looks the same as the original DN2000, but optimized and retuned for X5 II. In short, thickness has been improved on the mid-high range and treble is tuned down, giving DN2000F a fuller, sweeter vocal and more pleasing, smoother treble when paired with X5 II. It also help to reduce any hiss and harshness.

Mar 29, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #1,263 of 1,320
content____05.jpg

Here is the new DN-2000F, released by FiiO along with X5II as a bundled limited edition in China.

Rough translation:
DN2000F looks the same as the original DN2000, but optimized and retuned for X5 II. In short, thickness has been improved on the mid-high range and treble is tuned down, giving DN2000F a fuller, sweeter vocal and more pleasing, smoother treble when paired with X5 II. It also help to reduce any hiss and harshness.

Dunu did well in expanding the Titan series. Would love to see this release globally too! Come bring it on!

Mar 31, 2016 at 10:49 PM Post #1,266 of 1,320
Just received my DN2000. Reminds me of the A&K Rosie I listened to last week but with a smaller price tag :D

Good to see another person who even compare the DN2000 to the Rosie. Can't say much about the Roise as I have only heard a pair which hasn't proper burned in, but if it wasn't for the fit, the DN2000 are in my ears already. Even with so many good in-ears out there and depsite their flaws, the DN2000 will always be the pair that I never regret of buying and keeping, but remorseful of selling them away.

Just curoius, what tips are you using on the DN2000? The stock 2K tips were the best for me in terms of fit and sound.

Apr 1, 2016 at 3:55 AM Post #1,267 of 1,320
Good to see another person who even compare the DN2000 to the Rosie. Can't say much about the Roise as I have only heard a pair which hasn't proper burned in, but if it wasn't for the fit, the DN2000 are in my ears already. Even with so many good in-ears out there and depsite their flaws, the DN2000 will always be the pair that I never regret of buying and keeping, but remorseful of selling them away.

Just curoius, what tips are you using on the DN2000? The stock 2K tips were the best for me in terms of fit and sound.

2k or foam tips are both good to me. 2k tips have more bass but the foam tips make it more balanced and are more comfortable for me so I would go with the foam.

Apr 1, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #1,268 of 1,320

2k or foam tips are both good to me. 2k tips have more bass but the foam tips make it more balanced and are more comfortable for me so I would go with the foam.

The gray 2k tips work best for me.

May 14, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #1,270 of 1,320
Hey, I'm thinking between the dn2000 and dn2000j. From what i read the original seems a bit more bassier and maybe even a bit warmer. I'm not a fan of an overly bright signature so the 2000j seems a no go for me. How bright would you say the 2000 is?

May 14, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #1,272 of 1,320
2000j wasn't overbearing for the afternoon I spent with it. I just laughed when Elvis Costello having trouble (a lissssssp) every time he sings "She" in one of his famous covers. The J is beautifully effortless in clarity though like most fans of dn2000 users here will reassure you that this hybrid will perform really well with pretty much anything.Smooth and extended highs you'll get for sure!

Iirc, you owned the titan1. You'll get less hi hats in your face, and more present mids in the 2k. Great stage and layering too.

May 28, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #1,273 of 1,320
Bought the dn 2000 with some bonus pay i got. Spent the last day with them and for £200 i expected more of a WOW factor. I bought the Fiio ex 1s (dunu titan 1) for £50... these are definitely not worth four times as much imo.

They actually sound more similar than different to my ears. The dn 2000s are a bit smoother with more accurate bass, only very very slightly more detailed than the titans... maybe cos the mids are more forward. Switching between both on the same songs I found the titans more fun nearly every time. They both have wide soundstages, but the titans is more unique and sound bigger in every direction with more air. Some songs it was very hard to hear any major differences between them they really were that similar. The dn 2000s have more realistic treble tho, that I'll give them... titans can sound artificial.

What a let down... returned!!! BTW, i tried every tip, even ones from other pairs. i tried them with all the little rings too. The red ones with the foam tips was the best i got them sounding. Made the bass bit heavier and punchier.

If I'd paid £100 I'd probably say they were good value, but at £200... no chance.

EDITED : Spelling lol

May 28, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #1,274 of 1,320
I recently spent 2 weeks listening to only my Ultimate Ear UE900 and then went back to the DN-2000. I was a bit surprised at how much smoother the Dunu sound. The Dunu bass is better and has more impact. Plus the Dunu has better soundstage and air. The UE900 will save my long airplane set but for all other commuting it will be the DN-2000.

May 28, 2016 at 8:37 PM Post #1,275 of 1,320
  Bought the dn 2000 with some bonus pay i got. Spent the last day with them and for £200 i expected more of a WOW factor. I bought the Fiio ex 1s (dunu titan 1) for £50... these are definitely not worth four times as much imo.

They actually sound more similar than different to my ears. The dn 2000s are a bit smoother with more accurate bass, only very very slightly more detailed than the titans... maybe cos the mids are more forward. Switching between both on the same songs I found the titans more fun nearly every time. They both have wide soundstages, but the titans is more unique and sound bigger in every direction with more air. Some songs it was very hard to hear any major differences between them they really were that similar. The dn 2000s have more realistic treble tho, that I'll give them... titans can sound artificial.

What a let down... returned!!! BTW, i tried every tip, even ones from other pairs. i tried them with all the little rings too. The red ones with the foam tips was the best i got them sounding. Made the bass bit heavier and punchier.

If I'd paid £100 I'd probably say they were good value, but at £200... no chance.

EDITED : Spelling lol

Just means you are probably looking for a more energetic, in-your-face type of sound.  Nothing wrong with that.  And Titans will sound wider because of the venting - the con is isolation suffers. I'm surprised you find them similar though =- they are quite different in sub-bass, upper mid-range and lower treble.

The Titan 1 has a real bump in the upper mid-range which can be quite addictive. The DN2000J is actually closer to their signature (see graph) - but they are a lot brighter - so bear that in mind. If you want another higher isolating alternative to the Titan 1 - might pay to check out the Delta V2.

Of course with the Delta V2 you also have a choice of seven other filters, and the cables are replaceable ......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back