Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Feb 1, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #1,246 of 1,320
If she wants bass skip 2000, it does not have a fun signature at all. You want the 1000 (which is cheaper)

You can try if you like, but I don't think it will work.

I don't necessarily agree with you there buddy.

I would then propose a titan-5 for a fun v shaped sound with sweet mids. For under 150$ the Dunu dn2000 offers realistic decay, better subbass extension, bass textures and smooth sound.just saying.

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #1,247 of 1,320
I don't necessarily agree with you there buddy.

I would then propose a titan-5 for a fun v shaped sound with sweet mids. For under 150$ the Dunu dn2000 offers realistic decay, better subbass extension, bass textures and smooth sound.just saying.

I think what you don't agree with is anyone saying anything negative about your 2000. What other IEM do you own? Have heard the 1000?

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #1,248 of 1,320
I think what you don't agree with is anyone saying anything negative about your 2000. What other IEM do you own? Have heard the 1000?

popcorn.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:55 PM Post #1,249 of 1,320

Just thinking out loud - the DN series all have a reasonable girth - so how big are her ears/canals?

And I agree with Luke - DN-2000 tend to be a bit flat - great IEMs - but might not be what she wants for her chosen genre.  Couple of thoughts on something a little more svelte and maybe a bit more V shaped (fun).

• Altone A200 - small, bassy, but very clear.  Fun sound.  Triple hybrid at a reasonable price (if you can find a pair).  Luke knows these well - so he could give some input.
  • Trinity Hyperion - tiny, cheap, vivid, fun, excellent build
  • A bit more pricey but excellent comfort and signature for her - Alclair Curve 2
  • And maybe Fidue A73 - I'm not a big fan of them personally (too warm/dark for me) but others rate them. Ergonomic fit.  Bassy and warm - but can be a bit peaky in the top end

I've reviewed all of these - you'll find them in these tables

Quote:
  I am thinking of picking up a pair of these for my wife. She will only be driving them off her iphone 6s +

How is the sound sans portable amp/dac? I have desktop amp and dac that she could plug into if she wanted, but these would be her travel buds. 

She loves bass (hiphop/pop/electronic). She's rocking the ultra budget kz-ed9's atm (bass will shake your teeth). I admit I know very little about IEM's, but have read a lot (repeatedly) about dunu. 

That said, it looks like I can snag a used pair of 2k's for a decent price (sub $150), would it still be worth it to hunt around for the 1k's? What would be a buying price on those (used)?

Feb 1, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #1,250 of 1,320
Jvc fx750. Dn1000 from a friend. Dn2k.
All three Dunu titans. The monster line up except the gold. Kc06a.

You accuse me of what? Bet you can't take it because the dn1000 can't compete with low textures subbass like the 2k.

The titan 5 which I heard recently had the better singing mids.

Anyhow, it's nice to have different opinions. For the price he mentioned, I find it foolish to miss up on such great opportunity.

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #1,251 of 1,320
Jvc fx750. Dn1000 from a friend. Dn2k.
All three Dunu titans.

You accuse me of what? Bet you can't take it because the dn1000 can't compete with low textures subbass like the 2k.

The titan 5 which I heard recently had the better singing mids.

Anyhow, it's nice to have different opinions. For the price he mentioned, I find it foolish to miss up on such great opportunity.

Right, so the best IEM you have is DN-2000.

Point made.

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #1,252 of 1,320
Right, so the best IEM you have is DN-2000.

Point made.

Nope you made your point. Not I.
Your just put words in people's mouth hoping they'd swallow.

Good for you. I'm happy to meet people with high esteem of themselves. That said I won't waste my time. I loved e everything I've tried. I'm a big fan of iems that play everything well but I enjoy others that have a special trick up their sleeve.

I'm not interested in your superior/inferior complexes. :p

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #1,253 of 1,320
Lads - maybe a step back?  There is no right or wrong - simply choices and preferences.

The Titan 5 is probably a good option - and one I should have also thought of.  And I'd be wary of any of the DN series if bookah's wife has small ears/canals - simply for comfort.  Any of you have ideas on other IEMs which may be a little smaller for more dainty ears?

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #1,254 of 1,320
  Lads - maybe a step back?  There is no right or wrong - simply choices and preferences.

The Titan 5 is probably a good option - and one I should have also thought of.  And I'd be wary of any of the DN series if bookah's wife has small ears/canals - simply for comfort.  Any of you have ideas on other IEMs which may be a little smaller for more dainty ears?

She does indeed have typical smallish female ear canals 
etysmile.gif

Feb 1, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #1,255 of 1,320
I second the titan 5. I really loved it with older recordings in particular. Violins would sing and so did voices.

Feb 1, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #1,257 of 1,320
I haven't - but I know a lot of people on "The Lab" thread will have - and it might be a good place to go to also ask your questions 
smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/751177/the-lab

Mar 11, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #1,259 of 1,320
Maybe I am the only few,     just received DUNU 2000J yesterday,     GR07 is much better.
Tried all tips, all flaps, over the top or normal position,     GR07 is way better.     GR07 is more balanced, more details.     2000J's details are at surface level,  GR07 reveals the full texture.
I have also tried IE800,   Hifiman RE600,   GR07 is way better than them.      And from memory, yes DUNU 2000J betters RE600 and IE800.

I hope 2000J will change after a full day or full week burn in.

Quote:
  Just got them in today. Really liking them!
You really need to use the foam tips. It made SUCH a big difference. However, the foam tips that came with them seems to be a bit too small for my ears. Are there any foam tips that fit with the dn2k? I tried using my GR07 MK2 foams, but the hole is a bit too small.

As for impressions:
Definitely love the 3D esque sound these give off.
Compared to my GR07 MK2 (which unfortunately broke), I'd say overall this has a bit less bass, though the sub bass seems to be roughly equal. Mid bass is definitely a bit less though. However, the bass accuracy seems to be better.
In terms of the mids and treble, I think these outdo the GR07 MK2 by a fair margin, especially the treble. The treble seems much clearer.

Mar 11, 2016 at 5:10 PM Post #1,260 of 1,320
Maybe I am the only few,     just received DUNU 2000J yesterday,     GR07 is much better.

There is a separate thread for the 2000J - here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/755301/dunu-dn-2000j-more-than-evolution

And I'd suggest that you use the 2000J for 2-3 days without swapping back and forth.  Let your ears have the same chance with the DUNUs as you've given the GR07 over a m,uch longer before jumping to a conclusion. Then come back and compare.

My experience is that making an early conclusion - especially when swapping between 2 IEMs if one is quite new to you - is often pointless.  Giving it a few days adds a healthy dose of perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back