Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Apr 24, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #151 of 1,320

Great! Thanks for the impression!
I'm waiting for mine, maybe coming in 2 weeks time.

Is the DN-2000 mids thicker than DN-1000 ?

I tried my DN-1000 with many tips, and all the rings adjustment. Unfortunately I don't find the assorted tips that come with it suits my sonic preference.
But when I tried with JVC HA-FXD80 silicon tips, WOW WOW WOW !!! Perfect sound!  Seriously huge improvement over all the tips I tried!
Sound is very balance throughout the spectrum, low powerful bass, balanced midrange, transparent and airy high that extend very far.
DN-1000 + JVC HA-FXD80 = Perfect Sound
I'm very satisfied with the combo 
ksc75smile.gif

At the end of the tips, the bore is smaller than the diameter of the inner cylinder. Theoretically it doesn't look very good, as it creates small room for sound reflection.  But in reality, that JVC tips give the best sound for me 
bigsmile_face.gif

Not only my opinion.  I let some audiophile friends, one of them is a sound engineer, and they were also very impressed with the sound.

IMHO, anyone who has DN-1000 (maybe also works with DN-2000) should try this JVC HA-FXDxx tips (FXD60 - FXD80 seems to use the same type of tips) 
wink_face.gif

Here is some picture of DUNU DN-1000 + JVC HA-FXD80 tips:

Those look really nice! Is there a source for replacement tips so I can get them separately?
Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #152 of 1,320

Great! Thanks for the impression!
I'm waiting for mine, maybe coming in 2 weeks time.

Is the DN-2000 mids thicker than DN-1000 ?

I tried my DN-1000 with many tips, and all the rings adjustment. Unfortunately I don't find the assorted tips that come with it suits my sonic preference.
But when I tried with JVC HA-FXD80 silicon tips, WOW WOW WOW !!! Perfect sound!  Seriously huge improvement over all the tips I tried!
Sound is very balance throughout the spectrum, low powerful bass, balanced midrange, transparent and airy high that extend very far.
DN-1000 + JVC HA-FXD80 = Perfect Sound
I'm very satisfied with the combo 
ksc75smile.gif

At the end of the tips, the bore is smaller than the diameter of the inner cylinder. Theoretically it doesn't look very good, as it creates small room for sound reflection.  But in reality, that JVC tips give the best sound for me 
bigsmile_face.gif

Not only my opinion.  I let some audiophile friends, one of them is a sound engineer, and they were also very impressed with the sound.

IMHO, anyone who has DN-1000 (maybe also works with DN-2000) should try this JVC HA-FXDxx tips (FXD60 - FXD80 seems to use the same type of tips) 
wink_face.gif

Here is some picture of DUNU DN-1000 + JVC HA-FXD80 tips:

where can i buy this tip?

Apr 24, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #153 of 1,320
That's the problem :-\
I couldn't find the tips sold separately from the JVC earphones. I'm JVC fans, so I have a few of JVC earphones that use that tips. So i just took it from one of my spoilt FXD80 (i have two of them)

Maybe buy the cheapest model of JVC micro driver IEM, just for the tips. IMHO, it's worth it :wink:

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:13 PM Post #156 of 1,320
  if i buy a cheapest model I will get a tip like yours?
and which model are cheapest?

I think so. FXD60 should have the same tips as FXD80, but need to be confirmed. I don't have FXD60, and only tried FXD60 for a while.  FXD80 is a great IEM by itself, IMHO worth to have 
wink_face.gif

Below is the picture of comparison between FXD80 tips and FXC51 tips. The FXC tips is shorter, and the result is slightly more V shape tonal balance, stronger bass and more pronounce treble. Not by much. Personally I prefer the FXD tips, sounds more balance and natural for me.

Apr 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #159 of 1,320
  if you have access to taobao , you can get them from this seller. 

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.80.l8JdEB&id=3974853148

Thanks!  First time I see the tips sold separately!
But it seems the short type for FXC series, not the tall type for FXD series.

Apr 26, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #162 of 1,320

I think so. FXD60 should have the same tips as FXD80, but need to be confirmed. I don't have FXD60, and only tried FXD60 for a while.  FXD80 is a great IEM by itself, IMHO worth to have 
wink_face.gif

Below is the picture of comparison between FXD80 tips and FXC51 tips. The FXC tips is shorter, and the result is slightly more V shape tonal balance, stronger bass and more pronounce treble. Not by much. Personally I prefer the FXD tips, sounds more balance and natural for me.

Not sure if these will do but here's what I found:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4x-Ear-bud-tips-Earbuds-For-JVC-Xtreme-Xplosives-In-ear-Earbud-Headphones-Series-/371003982384?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item56618f8230

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Apr 27, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #164 of 1,320
Is it high res enabled ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back