Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Apr 28, 2014 at 3:11 AM Post #181 of 1,320
Hmm. Dn2k has less bass than the 1k? Not sure if I would be a fan.. I use the 1k with a bass boost already. But I guess that's just personal taste
tongue.gif

You and @svyr are both extreme bassheads hahaha...
wink_face.gif

I would imagine you probably have 2x 14" fully sick subwoofers installed in your SSS Commodore?

Apr 28, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #184 of 1,320
I interested about the bass too! 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 28, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #185 of 1,320
 let me know what you think about the bass - I can't open mine up yet until tonight as I am still at work, then have training after work...
out of the box it's borderline enough for me but will definitely
be enough for most others (just the bass) and maybe too much for a few

I think the bass clarity is better vs dn1k (the impact is cleaner)
With plus 0-3dB in clip+ rock box I'm pretty happy. Maybe a bit less sub and more mid bass vs H300, ill compare when home

So far I really like the mids - warmer than h300 and detailed
The highs are very close to what I eq down H300 to, just a bit brighter. Probably similar to dnk. Not dark. Not owww bright
Overall the dn2k tonality Is more to my taste vs h300

I'm liking the rubber retainers haven't adjusted dn2k for about an hour in my ears

Apr 28, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #188 of 1,320
Nice! Just what I wanted! Thanks Vlad and Lin.

Apr 28, 2014 at 5:28 AM Post #189 of 1,320
The bass has a nice impact, but it doesn't have the slam that the DN-1000 has. Bassheads, this is probably not for you. the bass is actually quite neutral, with just a little more impact than neutral. It is much faster, and I think it is a little more detailed because the decay is shorter. This is a draw, but I like the DN-2000's bass better. 

The midrange reminds me of the DN-1000, but it is not as recessed. The tonality is very similar, maybe with a little more upper mids. Vocals are clearer and they sound very much like the TWFK vocals (not sure if it actually uses the TWFK). Top marks in this area. The DN-2000 is the clear winner for me here. 

The treble of the DN-1000 struck the perfect spot for me and the DN-2000 is a hair brighter. For me, this isn't particularly annoying, but I do wish the treble was tuned more like the DN-1000 and lowered just a bit. It is very detailed though, and treble is completely grain free. Draw.

Soundstage is wider and a little deeper. Height is about the same. 

The imaging of the DN-2000 is clearly better than the DN-1000, which is already very good for its price. 

The DN-2000's detail and separation really took me by surprise. This is by far the largest upgrade over the DN-1000. The DN-1000 has a lot of bass and it is definitely very enjoyable, but a lot of bass usually means less detail. The DN-2000's bass is toned down and there are more details and the separation seems better as well. 

Overall, the DN-2000 is a solid upgrade from the DN-1000 if you find yourself wanting a little less bass and craving a more detailed, clear sound. Review will come in a few weeks. 

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #190 of 1,320
Exactly the upgrade I was looking for... Better bass decay and fuller mids. Also wish the treble is tamer... Guess you just can't have them all!

Thanks Lin!

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #191 of 1,320
Exactly the upgrade I was looking for... Better bass decay and fuller mids. Also wish the treble is tamer... Guess you just can't have them all!

Thanks Lin!

I'm not sure that it's better than the Noble 4 though. I'll do a comparison when it gets to me. 

Apr 28, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #193 of 1,320
The entire mids are pulled forwards, but the upper mids more. 

Not sure about the fins. I wear the over ear so I don't use them. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back