Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Apr 28, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #197 of 1,320

You and @svyr are both extreme bassheads hahaha...
wink_face.gif

I would imagine you probably have 2x 14" fully sick subwoofers installed in your SSS Commodore?

I've been in a car almost exactly as you described and no... just no... couldn't even hear the vocals over the bass

Apr 28, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #200 of 1,320
>Bassheads, this is probably not for you. the bass is actually quite neutral, with just a little more impact than neutral. It is much faster, and I think it is a little more detailed because the decay is shorter.

After playing with H300 and Dn2k for a few hours I tend to agree:
I think for DN2k - a lot of people will be happy with DN2k bass but I'm disappointed vs H300
On a technical level, H300 (out of the box) can do perceived bass separation clarity and via insane sub-bass levels without muddying the mdis (ala 1plus2) that DN2k can't. Mid-bass wise and just below mid bass they both did pretty well.

I'm very curious if the DN2k bass driver is clearer than dn1k by virtue of less output to it. (or if it's a technically better one)

The DN2k bass driver behaves very similarly to the DN1k in some respects to me. While it's clearer - there isn't not much room to EQ
With additive eq, before it distorts around 60hz at +6dB). At the same time, eqing around 20/30 hz has no audible impact, or required very large boosts (16dB+), for DNK apparently the bass was linear until 1K www.innerfidelity.com/images/DunuDN1000.pdf (that said maybe it's because hearing we need higher spl for 20/30hz, but the relative boost isn't that imo? )

I'd be keen for someone with both on hand to compare as I sold mine last week :D

I tried various narrow band parametric EQ center frequencies and widths on rockbox, and the results were ok on 2+dB tone control and + 3dB Graph eq (q=2.3, f=40), but I'd rather have not eqed H300. I'll try a bit more tomorrow but I doubt I'll much luck

ps (would be nice to hear DN2k with smaller bore tips for experiment completeness sake)<- not bass related
p.p.s. i doubt most people would care.

Apr 28, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #202 of 1,320

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #207 of 1,320
Exactly the upgrade I was looking for... Better bass decay and fuller mids. Also wish the treble is tamer... Guess you just can't have them all!

Thanks Lin!

mmm...OK don't shoot down the treble just yet before you hear it 
wink_face.gif
, some people say it's brighter than DN1k but in reality it is perfect to me.

Certainly nowhere as bright and fatiguing as H-300, and I would say it is not as bright as Sony H3, nor 1P2 either. It is brighter than DN1k, yes, no doubt.

I'm not sure that it's better than the Noble 4 though. I'll do a comparison when it gets to me. 

Personally I prefer DN2k to Noble 4 (big call, I know
bigsmile_face.gif
), just did a short A/B last night, Noble 4 is warmer, smoother and thicker overall, and slightly more forward mids

Apr 28, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #208 of 1,320
Looks perfect...but what's the size comparison to the 1000:sweat_smile:

At the end of the video it shows you. O_o How much of the video, did you watch?  
tongue_smile.gif

Personally I still admire the appearance of DN-1000 more, gold/brass isn't doing it for me (yet)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back