Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Apr 22, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #143 of 1,320
Now burn them in and let us know about any changes in the sound:smiley:

I definitely will. I didn't do any burn in with the 1ks but I read that the bass tightens up a bit afterwords.

Great first impression, thank you for that

I would say there won't be too many (if any) IEM that will better H-300's bass, that thing is a bass beast, quality and quantity at the same time

I agree. H300s bass is the best I've heard in an IEM. That's definitely not knocking the DN2ks however. My ears say the bass got a bit toned down, tiny bit tighter vs the 1ks. Relatively speaking, the DN2k bass still sounds great and hits.

Thank you for your impression. It looks like the dn2ks arent in the same level as akg3003s like i heard the chinese have been hyping it to be at that level lol
Its still a great iem for its price.

I haven't heard the AKG3003s, so I can't really compare. But I can definitely say that the DN2ks are the best sounding IEM that I personally have heard (over my beloved XBA-40s, and the DN1ks) I've dabbled in the mid-tier iem scene, so customs and anything over $500 may (or may not!) usurp it. I'm waiting for the other members to get their hands on it so they could describe it more eloquently and detailed than me :thumbsup:

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #144 of 1,320
I definitely will. I didn't do any burn in with the 1ks but I read that the bass tightens up a bit afterwords.
I agree. H300s bass is the best I've heard in an IEM. That's definitely not knocking the DN2ks however. My ears say the bass got a bit toned down, tiny bit tighter vs the 1ks. Relatively speaking, the DN2k bass still sounds great and hits.

I'm really looking forward to hearing the 2ks. One of my only (very minor) issue with the 1K was I found the bass to be a little too much for my taste. But hearing the bass has been toned down makes me happy
L3000.gif

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #145 of 1,320
  I'm really looking forward to hearing the 2ks. One of my only (very minor) issue with the 1K was I found the bass to be a little too much for my taste. But hearing the bass has been toned down makes me happy
L3000.gif

Me too! I would like to know if its bass is faster than DN1K too.

Apr 23, 2014 at 6:07 AM Post #147 of 1,320
  Far out, what are EMS doing with the package? It's been stuck in Guanzhou since the 19th. 
mad.gif

that's really lame... hope everything ends up ok mate.

Apr 23, 2014 at 7:02 AM Post #148 of 1,320

that's really lame... hope everything ends up ok mate.

Yeah, everything turns up eventually, but I was just really hoping to get them before Anzac day. 

Oh well, more time to play with my V200 coming tomorrow 
biggrin.gif

Apr 24, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #150 of 1,320
  Got mine today.... 
L3000.gif
.. I'll try to describe them the best I can given my understanding of the sound adjectives.

First impressions out of the box vs the DN1K

Same red spacers, tips as the 1k.

Diymodded Ipod 5th gen --> Pure silver LOD --> JDS Labs C5 

Flac/320kbps files

-Wider soundstage
-Better imaging, instrument separation, layering
-More balanced, balanced, balanced - vocals sound more centerstage vs the instruments 
-Clarity up a bit, better detail retrieval 
-A bit more airy than the 1ks
-Tad bit toned down bass, though at the same time tighter- still the same texture

A/Bing vs the 1Ks, the 2Ks have this ability to envelope you while you listen to them. Especially for live performances, the 1Ks put you in the front row, while the 2Ks put you and make you feel like you're in the front row. However, as what I felt like on some tracks with the 1Ks, sibilance remains the same. I do wear the thin-bored tips which may promote it a bit.

From what I remember vs the T-PEOs H300s, the H300s win in bass, clarity, detail retrieval and treble extension. DN2Ks take everything else.

That's it for now, given all the accessories included (the ear wings, different tips etc.) I bet sound signatures change with each combo. But given the price paid, and for those who got them from other means, definitely a truly awesome IEM that you will not regret purchasing. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Great! Thanks for the impression!
I'm waiting for mine, maybe coming in 2 weeks time.

Is the DN-2000 mids thicker than DN-1000 ?

I tried my DN-1000 with many tips, and all the rings adjustment. Unfortunately I don't find the assorted tips that come with it suits my sonic preference.
But when I tried with JVC HA-FXD80 silicon tips, WOW WOW WOW !!! Perfect sound!  Seriously huge improvement over all the tips I tried!
Sound is very balance throughout the spectrum, low powerful bass, balanced midrange, transparent and airy high that extend very far.
DN-1000 + JVC HA-FXD80 = Perfect Sound
I'm very satisfied with the combo 
ksc75smile.gif

At the end of the tips, the bore is smaller than the diameter of the inner cylinder. Theoretically it doesn't look very good, as it creates small room for sound reflection.  But in reality, that JVC tips give the best sound for me 
bigsmile_face.gif

Not only my opinion.  I let some audiophile friends, one of them is a sound engineer, and they were also very impressed with the sound.

IMHO, anyone who has DN-1000 (maybe also works with DN-2000) should try this JVC HA-FXDxx tips (FXD60 - FXD80 seems to use the same type of tips) 
wink_face.gif

Here is some picture of DUNU DN-1000 + JVC HA-FXD80 tips:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back