Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!)
Apr 17, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #121 of 1,320
My point, basically, is that I think that one should get removable cables in this price range. In my opinion. I know there are plenty of expensive IEMs without removable cables and it doesn't bother lots of other people but it would sure bother me.

Currently I'm just fine with the Westones for the $200 I paid, even if other IEMs are superior. I mentioned them simply as a point of reference for how sensitive I am to treble and why I'm wary of the H300.

I agree, for that kind of money, I'd like to see removable cables as well. I'll even say that some cheapo iems should not be shipped without removable cables (I'm looking at you MH1C !!!).

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #124 of 1,320
I'm sure! Lemme at least get and enjoy the kc06's first :)

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #126 of 1,320
You'll have to try them to find out. I find both the bassos and the heavier h200's equally comfortable, so I wouldn't have a problem with the dn2000's. You might though.

Apr 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #128 of 1,320
Did anyone get their DN-2000 yet? How does it sound?
popcorn.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

There will be an Aussie Tour coming up real soon... 
so heaps of reviews to come starting in two weeks.

Apr 21, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #130 of 1,320
Got mine today.... 
L3000.gif
.. I'll try to describe them the best I can given my understanding of the sound adjectives.

First impressions out of the box vs the DN1K

Same red spacers, tips as the 1k.

Diymodded Ipod 5th gen --> Pure silver LOD --> JDS Labs C5 

Flac/320kbps files

-Wider soundstage
-Better imaging, instrument separation, layering
-More balanced, balanced, balanced - vocals sound more centerstage vs the instruments 
-Clarity up a bit, better detail retrieval 
-A bit more airy than the 1ks
-Tad bit toned down bass, though at the same time tighter- still the same texture

A/Bing vs the 1Ks, the 2Ks have this ability to envelope you while you listen to them. Especially for live performances, the 1Ks put you in the front row, while the 2Ks put you and make you feel like you're in the front row. However, as what I felt like on some tracks with the 1Ks, sibilance remains the same. I do wear the thin-bored tips which may promote it a bit.

From what I remember vs the T-PEOs H300s, the H300s win in bass, clarity, detail retrieval and treble extension. DN2Ks take everything else.

That's it for now, given all the accessories included (the ear wings, different tips etc.) I bet sound signatures change with each combo. But given the price paid, and for those who got them from other means, definitely a truly awesome IEM that you will not regret purchasing. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 21, 2014 at 10:35 PM Post #134 of 1,320
  Got mine today.... 
L3000.gif
.. I'll try to describe them the best I can given my understanding of the sound adjectives.

Flac/320kbps files

-Wider soundstage
-More balanced, balanced, balanced - vocals sound more centerstage vs the instruments 
-Tad bit toned down bass, though at the same time tighter- still the same texture

A/Bing vs the 1Ks, the 2Ks have this ability to envelope you while you listen to them. Especially for live performances, the 1Ks put you in the front row, while the 2Ks put you and make you feel like you're in the front row. However, as what I felt like on some tracks with the 1Ks, sibilance remains the same. I do wear the thin-bored tips which may promote it a bit.

From what I remember vs the T-PEOs H300s, the H300s win in bass, clarity, detail retrieval and treble extension. DN2Ks take everything else.

That's it for now, given all the accessories included (the ear wings, different tips etc.) I bet sound signatures change with each combo. But given the price paid, and for those who got them from other means, definitely a truly awesome IEM that you will not regret purchasing. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Great first impression, thank you for that

I would say there won't be too many (if any) IEM that will better H-300's bass, that thing is a bass beast, quality and quantity at the same time

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #135 of 1,320
  Got mine today.... 
L3000.gif

Flac/320kbps files

-Wider soundstage

bigsmile_face.gif

Thank you for your impression. It looks like the dn2ks arent in the same level as akg3003s like i heard the chinese have been hyping it to be at that level lol
Its still a great iem for its price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back