Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Sep 7, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #2,527 of 2,536
I repaired mine from the guy on facebook in the phillipines. it took 2 months though and was kind of disorganized with customs and communication but the work was done. DUNU sound so good. What would be the upgrade for "same sound" but even better?

Dec 6, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #2,528 of 2,536
I repaired mine from the guy on facebook in the phillipines. it took 2 months though and was kind of disorganized with customs and communication but the work was done. DUNU sound so good. What would be the upgrade for "same sound" but even better?

There are so many Chi-Fi sets right now so maybe you can look at them too but personally for me, after there's no Joker IEM list type reviews or any such for a cohesive standard I'm myself not able to find any replacement due to extreme variance in reviews. EarSonics Velvet is too expensive and it's only BA no DD, so Sub Bass feel won't be same. Hybrid Driver IEMs from Sony are now non-existent sadly like their approach with XBA Z5 -> XBA N3 are not seeing their successors, their IER Z1R is too expensive. RHA also discontinued their top T20 Wireless (has 3.5mm option as removable) and MA750 as well those pure DD sets were very good for price and performance.

A big change in this dept due to the iPhone removing the 3.5mm jack market changing a lot, AKG also apparently done, their K3003i was rivaled by this IEM by 90% (better upper end on AKG than Dunu) and N5005 was having QC issues last time I saw and probably hard to improve on the K3003i, DN1000 was a super unique piece only can be beaten by DN2000 probably because of more airy soundstage at the expense of Sub Bass. But it's a side-grade and EOLed all the new Dunu sets like DK series are too big and too heavy and unwieldy and now they are making some even wierd over expensive stuff like Luna and etc, I think they just lost their way and now banking on that Audiophile rip off. A shame.

I also got mine repaired and it's still doing it's excellent work of that smooth velvety explosive bass, it's only problem is thin midrange and sharp Treble and upper end due to KnowlesTFK BA signature sound. E5000 might probably will be well suited as a successor as the treble is more relaxed and sub -bass extension is better, a slight mid range bass boost might be a bit troublesome but I think that's one great option. And spending more than the price tag over $300 is too much for an IEM with diminishing returns.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2022 at 2:20 PM Post #2,529 of 2,536
Just recieved mine for the second time from the repair. Cable went stiff first time so I had them repaired, went stiff again and broke inside, had them repaired again. Plugged them today, one headphone is shot. Like they didnt even test them before shipping back. I have no more patience for this, even though they sounded amazing for a few months (in a years of ownership). I will be thankfull for any recommendations on which similiar/better iems to buy.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #2,530 of 2,536
Just recieved mine for the second time from the repair. Cable went stiff first time so I had them repaired, went stiff again and broke inside, had them repaired again. Plugged them today, one headphone is shot. Like they didnt even test them before shipping back. I have no more patience for this, even though they sounded amazing for a few months (in a years of ownership). I will be thankfull for any recommendations on which similiar/better iems to buy.

DUNU has the new Falcon Pro.

Mar 16, 2022 at 11:46 PM Post #2,532 of 2,536
I would rather stay away from this company. After two failed repairs, I have no more trust in them.

Well if the problem was cable-related, you won't have to worry because the cables that are used on the newer IEMs are removable. Anyway, look into Moondrop.

Mar 17, 2022 at 3:24 PM Post #2,533 of 2,536
Well if the problem was cable-related, you won't have to worry because the cables that are used on the newer IEMs are removable. Anyway, look into Moondrop.
Cable related, yes, but now after second repair, the driver seems to be damaged. Yes, I've been looking into Moondrops, thank you. Do they have similiar signature as dunus (kxxs, starfield, kato)? I suppose I should be looking into another hybrid iem no?

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #2,534 of 2,536
Cable related, yes, but now after second repair, the driver seems to be damaged. Yes, I've been looking into Moondrops, thank you. Do they have similiar signature as dunus (kxxs, starfield, kato)? I suppose I should be looking into another hybrid iem no?

I hear that the Moondrop Blessings 2 is tonally accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back