Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Dec 19, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #1,789 of 2,536
I'm wondering if the stiff cables can damage the wires. Honestly I wouldn't mind the stiff cables that much if I knew they would not sever the wires at some point...

Has this happened to anyone?

Mine never shorted out or lost connection, you really don't want to know the numerous chemicals I applied to it . (It was a lot) from WD40, silicon spray, vinegar, vegetable oil, heated it to near melting point with a hair dryer trying to reactivate the rubber. Basically I googled ever remedy I could find to rejuvenate rubber on an endless mission and they never stopped working .

The problem is they go stiff above the Y-spilt which causes the housing to move as the cable hits your body or head movement. So, it's not a matter of losing connection, more a fitting issue.

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:28 AM Post #1,790 of 2,536
Mine never shorted out or lost connection, you really don't want to know the numerous chemicals I applied to it . (It was a lot) from WD40, silicon spray, vinegar, vegetable oil, heated it to near melting point with a hair dryer trying to reactivate the rubber. Basically I googled ever remedy I could find to rejuvenate rubber on an endless mission and they never stopped working .

The problem is they go stiff above the Y-spilt which causes the housing to move as the cable hits your body or head movement. So, it's not a matter of losing connection, more a fitting issue.

Yeah I've read your stories earlier in the thread. Kudos for the tenacity :)

I use the earguides so I the cables moving around doesn't affect the fit or create microphonics that much. Are you still using yours or sold?

Dec 19, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #1,791 of 2,536
Yeah I've read your stories earlier in the thread. Kudos for the tenacity :)

I use the earguides so I the cables moving around doesn't affect the fit or create microphonics that much. Are you still using yours or sold?

I sold mine for about $50 USD in the end, mainly to cover some of my next purchase. In the end they just became a recovery experiment . But before any other readers get the wrong idea i love the sound very much and not every unit suffers such an unlucky fate, especially newer batches to my understanding.

Dec 22, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #1,792 of 2,536
like chupacabra said,I wld say same,even if its ran out of warr.....sure they might charge a reasonable cost but not much.....so chk with them first.

Your best shot is to go directly to Dunu. If you are less then 1year from the purchase date they are in warranty and should be recabled or replaced for free. If not, Dunu might agree to do it for a fee. No idea...I already got confirmation from them that they will do a warranty recabling but I need to send them to Taiwan for that. Waiting for January to do that...

Would they still consider it if I bought it second hand from a HeadFi'er?

Dec 22, 2014 at 11:11 AM Post #1,793 of 2,536
Would they still consider it if I bought it second hand from a HeadFi'er?

You bet......I think they might consider it as out of warranty case sort of........as long as theres no counterfeits:wink: (jk.....)

Yeah just try your luck sending them an email describing the issue andsee what they say,imo......meantime chk with the guy who you bought from abt the proof of purchase/order #.......

Dec 23, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #1,795 of 2,536
Hi all.

I'm a lucky owner of iBasso DX90. I've got it for a few days, still burning it in, and listening a bit.

I also own Dunu Dn-1000.

Before I was listening from the iPhone 5 + Fiio E07K via lightning cable/ adapter.

I'm very happy in general with my new set up, but I found one very annoying problem with it. Treble/ highs are extremely high, I even can say very annoying that some of the tracks are not possible to listen.

What do you think guys?

Many thanks in advance.

Dec 23, 2014 at 9:14 AM Post #1,796 of 2,536
  Hi all.

I'm a lucky owner of iBasso DX90. I've got it for a few days, still burning it in, and listening a bit.

I also own Dunu Dn-1000.

Before I was listening from the iPhone 5 + Fiio E07K via lightning cable/ adapter.

I'm very happy in general with my new set up, but I found one very annoying problem with it. Treble/ highs are extremely high, I even can say very annoying that some of the tracks are not possible to listen.

What do you think guys?

Many thanks in advance.

Agreed. My sources are usually my ClipZip (rockboxed) and my 2013 Moto X (no amp). With both I get a very high and narrow peak at 8kHz. Comply foams make it a bit more bearable if you don't EQ but kill some of the bass. The white Dunu tips help me too but only at medium/low volumes.

Dec 25, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #1,798 of 2,536
Recently get myself a pair after decided to get serious with my portable rigs. Currently pairing it with DX50. The lows and mids are amazing. Sub-bass is spectacular.

The only serious issue i have with DN-1k is its shell size. I sold off my Shure Se215LTD after two weeks partly due to its inconvenient size apart from the overpowering bass. I'm using blue ring with the long foam tip but still suffer pain on my ears after some time. 

Dec 26, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #1,800 of 2,536
   I have the same set up and enjoy it a lot. I used the stock foam tips until they were worn out then switched to Comply tips. They feel a lot better in the ear.You might try those if it becomes problematic.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try with all provided foam tips first to get the best fit and comfort. Or else i'll have to get Comply tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back