Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jul 18, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #1,458 of 2,536
I really love this IEM, my number 1 music listening everyday, i can listen music 10 hours straight everyday without experiencing fatigue. I have this since october last year and this was my best purchase 2013. But now I have 1 big problem with the cable, its already hard (5x harder when brandnew). The hard part wire is only 10 inch long start from the metal housing. The first 3-4 inches from housing is super hard you can't bend it anymore or use it over-ear insertion. I think this wire plastic cover is made from lated rubber, cause I know latex rubber break down on oil, since my face is oily.. And nother problem is my favorite white silicon tip is sliding from the nozzle already its not tight as brand new, my fear by the time it reach 1 year its cant hold anymore. Do DUNU give extra tip the one I use only? and Do they offer recabling? Is it part of 1 year warranty?

I dont want to sell this IEM, I will keep it forever as loong it will not die on me.. As write this comment im already listening straight for 8 hours without stopping and resting my ear NO FATIGUE. Of course listening to it while playing DOTA 2 hehehe.

PS. Is westone 4R considered upgrade? I like to buy dunu 2k but i hate the wire problem, maybe same experience with DN2k, DN1k is enough already. What do you think a really best upgrade on $400 budget. Dont want H300 cause i read its sibilance and fatiguing dont like that. I need IEM that can listend 8+ hours straight, like dunu 1k.

Source: Fiio X3 modded, low gain, volume 60-70 only depending on location where I stay, but mostly 65 mark

Jul 18, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #1,459 of 2,536
  I really love this IEM, my number 1 music listening everyday, i can listen music 10 hours straight everyday without experiencing fatigue. I have this since october last year and this was my best purchase 2013. But now I have 1 big problem with the cable, its already hard (5x harder when brandnew). The hard part wire is only 10 inch long start from the metal housing. The first 3-4 inches from housing is super hard you can't bend it anymore or use it over-ear insertion. I think this wire plastic cover is made from lated rubber, cause I know latex rubber break down on oil, since my face is oily.. And nother problem is my favorite white silicon tip is sliding from the nozzle already its not tight as brand new, my fear by the time it reach 1 year its cant hold anymore. Do DUNU give extra tip the one I use only? and Do they offer recabling? Is it part of 1 year warranty?

I dont want to sell this IEM, I will keep it forever as loong it will not die on me.. As write this comment im already listening straight for 8 hours without stopping and resting my ear NO FATIGUE. Of course listening to it while playing DOTA 2 hehehe.

PS. Is westone 4R considered upgrade? I like to buy dunu 2k but i hate the wire problem, maybe same experience with DN2k, DN1k is enough already. What do you think a really best upgrade on $400 budget. Dont want H300 cause i read its sibilance and fatiguing dont like that. I need IEM that can listend 8+ hours straight, like dunu 1k.

Source: Fiio X3 modded, low gain, volume 60-70 only depending on location where I stay, but mostly 65 mark

I'm not sure if you've already seen this...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/724546/t-peos-altone200-3-way-hybrid-introduction-impressions-high-end-sound-cheap-as-chips

Jul 20, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #1,460 of 2,536

What you need is simply the JVC EP-FX8M-B eartips for your DN-1000.
Immense improvement.
More detail here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/727286/review-and-comparison-of-dunu-dn-1000-dn-2000-jvc-ha-fx850

Jul 20, 2014 at 2:08 AM Post #1,461 of 2,536
Yup, I would just get those tips, I wouldn't bother with the Altone, T-Peos don't tune their hybrids well IME.

Jul 20, 2014 at 3:18 AM Post #1,462 of 2,536
  Yup, I would just get those tips, I wouldn't bother with the Altone, T-Peos don't tune their hybrids well IME.

Have you tried the Altone200 Inks?

Jul 20, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #1,463 of 2,536
nope, all T-Peos I have heard are heavily v-shaped with some audible distortion and the graph they provide makes it clear they don't want to stray from that, though I can't say the distortion is still there, I'm willing to bet it will be there...

Jul 20, 2014 at 5:20 AM Post #1,464 of 2,536
I think you'd be surprised with the Altone200.  Mild U/V shape - yes.  Great sounding  - IMO yes.  I actually prefer them to the DN-1000

Jul 20, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #1,465 of 2,536
Looking for an open headphone with a similar signature

Maybe not very close, but as a great fan of DN-1000 with JVC FXD eartips, Philips Fidelio X1 is my favorite headphones at home, beside my HD800 and T1.

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #1,466 of 2,536
I'm sorry if this was mentioned before - Are all JVC FXD series have the same tips? The ones recommended for DN-1K? Looking at prices of the tips on its own it would be cheaper for me to get FXD60 and have spare IEMs. 

Thanks

Jul 21, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #1,467 of 2,536
  I'm sorry if this was mentioned before - Are all JVC FXD series have the same tips? The ones recommended for DN-1K? Looking at prices of the tips on its own it would be cheaper for me to get FXD60 and have spare IEMs. 

Thanks

Yes, the same. You can use FXD60 tips.

Jul 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #1,468 of 2,536
I've been using the DN1000 with the DX50 but was a little disappointed with the bass, there was a lack of tightness and texture.  My first IEM was the Atrios thus I was spoiled by that wonderful sounding bass.  Anyway, I hooked the DN1000's to a desk top amp and now the bass is much tighter and now they sound even better. 

Jul 25, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #1,469 of 2,536
  I've been using the DN1000 with the DX50 but was a little disappointed with the bass, there was a lack of tightness and texture.  My first IEM was the Atrios thus I was spoiled by that wonderful sounding bass.  Anyway, I hooked the DN1000's to a desk top amp and now the bass is much tighter and now they sound even better. 

I agree, DN-1000 bass is a bit slow, rather lacking tightness and texture.
That's exactly what I wrote in my review, for DUNU to improve the bass texture and tightness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back