Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jun 25, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #1,427 of 2,536
etysmile.gif
[NEW] T-PEOS Alton200 3 - Way - Hybrid , mission is to be upgraded to DN-1000 

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #1,428 of 2,536
Considering my silicon spray idea didn't work my Dunu cable has dried out further now honestly stiff as board above the Y spilt. The cable has  perished extensively and I imagine it's only a matter of time before it cracks and losses connection. Despite this I'm using them with HM-700 that requires an adapter to use unbalanced headphones. Unless you secure it the adapter tangles underneath the player.

I want to share one of my awesome rigs with you guys.
tongue.gif

Don't be fooled though, it really DOES sound good. (seriously)

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #1,429 of 2,536
Considering my silicon spray idea didn't work my Dunu cable has dried out further now honestly stiff as board above the Y spilt. The cable has  perished extensively and I imagine it's only a matter of time before it cracks and losses connection. Despite this I'm using them with HM-700 that requires an adapter to use unbalanced headphones. Unless you secure it the adapter tangles underneath the player.

I want to share one of my awesome rigs with you guys. :p

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Don't be fooled though, it really DOES sound good. (seriously)

Have you reviewed (or provided impressions for) that DAP yet? Curious how it holds up against Fiio and iBasso DAPs.

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:48 AM Post #1,430 of 2,536
I love the look of that dap.  I bet I'm strange in thinking so, but I really think it is a great looking dap, at least in part, due to it's noticably different design than quite a lot of daps that feels like they're just variations.  I know I have no need for it, but if I ever see a good deal, I don't think I'll have the ability to pass it up.

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #1,431 of 2,536
Have you reviewed (or provided impressions for) that DAP yet? Curious how it holds up against Fiio and iBasso DAPs.

Not yet. I was reading comments in the impressions thread HM-700 really needs balanced earphones (eg RE-400B) to be useful, those comments kind of put me off buying. I can assure you it sounds perfectly fine with unbalanced earphones / headphones. HM-700 is labeled as neutral however I find it bright to some extend and it's quite well detailed with strong separation. 

The UI is like driving a dinosaur though, I find it harder than Colorfly C3, though it's only been a couple of days. Function buttons are backwards to what you'd think for example, pushing up / down to skip tracks, you press the right button to play / pause. It's all a little "how you going mate" though it does sound very good to my ears with Dunu DN-1000.

I toss up which pairing is better, DX50 or HM-700 with DN-1000. For the price I paid it was a good purchase, just that adapter needs to be secured somehow which I will get around to making something more appealing. 

I love the look of that dap.  I bet I'm strange in thinking so, but I really think it is a great looking dap, at least in part, due to it's noticably different design than quite a lot of daps that feels like they're just variations.  I know I have no need for it, but if I ever see a good deal, I don't think I'll have the ability to pass it up.

If you can find just the player for about $100 don't let it slip by imo.

Jul 4, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #1,436 of 2,536
Hi all,

I'm close to buy a pair of Sennheiser IE800 but after reading a review of joker's about comparing Dunu DN-1000 and IE800 I'm completely confused to buy so pricey iem.

I pasted what I have read:

The Sennheiser IE 800 is a rather unique earphone that does a few things very right but is somewhat let down by its design. The DN-1000 reminds me of the IE 800 in several ways, right down to the fit sensitivity. The IE 800’s treble has an extra spike that appears unless it’s inserted very shallowly, thanks to its proprietary D2CA tuning system, while the DN-1000 seems to work the opposite way with my ears, requiring a good seal for the smoothest sound. In terms of performance, the IE 800 is overall more detailed and refined, and sounds warmer without a drop in clarity. When it is inserted properly it is less bright and more forgiving of sibilance than the DN-1000, but it is five times the price with a very slight gain in refinement, which speaks volumes for the Dunu DN-1000.

Just a bit more detailed and refined, warmer sound different than DN-1000? That's all really?

I'd be so glad if I read some member comments who tried both headphones before!

Thanks in advance!

Jul 8, 2014 at 12:21 AM Post #1,439 of 2,536
Can someone with the dn-1000's tell me these are for edm? I like quite a bit of bass and listen mainly to house, trance, and dubstep. Thanks.
definitely I think they sound great for edm especially, sounds come at you from all directions, guitars sounds great too not much these babies don't do well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back