Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Mar 19, 2014 at 5:08 AM Post #1,127 of 2,536
Colorfly C3 sounds better than Cowon C2, I have owned many Cowon models, S9,J3,D2+,C2, the little Colorfly is better than them all. It is especially skilled in instrument seperation, soundstage and good detailing levels for the price. Plus when you pair it with Dunu they both together create a nice timbre that sounds 'kind of' high end, well for the price. Never tried the Dunu with DX50 but I can tell you C3 / Dunu = good. Nice clear and detailed.

Now that you have the dx50 can you tell me please what better combo with dunu? dx50 or c3?
I like a lot of bass,but I want quality bass naturally and not bloated.

And I love your recommendations
:wink:

Mar 19, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #1,128 of 2,536
Now that you have the dx50 can you tell me please what better combo with dunu? dx50 or c3?
I like a lot of bass,but I want quality bass naturally and not bloated.
:wink:And I love your recommendations

To be honest I think if you have extra money there get DX50 for this application. It seems to have the upper hand in detail (slightly) and how clear the mid range sounds. It seems to have slightly better bass texture, low end extension and sounds a little more digital over C3. A little more energetic too. The Colorfly still wins for soundstage width and smoothness in the mids, and has that unique timbre.

The UI is much easier to use on DX50, makes life pretty easy choosing albums now its close to stable. I think for you friend get DX50 you will have more fun and safer choice.

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #1,130 of 2,536
To be honest I think if you have extra money there get DX50 for this application. It seems to have the upper hand in detail (slightly) and how clear the mid range sounds. It seems to have slightly better bass texture, low end extension and sounds a little more digital over C3. A little more energetic too. The Colorfly still wins for soundstage width and smoothness in the mids, and has that unique timbre.

The UI is much easier to use on DX50, makes life pretty easy choosing albums now its close to stable. I think for you friend get DX50 you will have more fun and safer choice.

You can also try rockboxing the dx50, reports so far are that it's improving sound quality

Mar 19, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #1,131 of 2,536
@lin0003

What volume level do you listen with Dunu DN -1000 and DX50? I'm hovering around the 200-215 mark. (215) being the loudest I'd go.

What about the Dunu and C3 combo H20? How loud do you usually go?

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #1,133 of 2,536
I think 150-160 is ridiculously low, how do you even hear the music........

Yeah low gain, around those areas on the Dunu.

I'm with lin.. I hover around the 155-185 (low gain) range. Anything higher and my ears start to feel the fatigue. Of course, around the 150s is only possible in a very quiet environment. And I'm typically studying and or relaxing. DX50 v1.2.8 and the DN-1000s are a very nice low-fatiguing combo.

Mar 20, 2014 at 12:14 AM Post #1,134 of 2,536
I'm with lin.. I hover around the 155-185 (low gain) range. Anything higher and my ears start to feel the fatigue. Of course, around the 150s is only possible in a very quiet environment. And I'm typically studying and or relaxing. DX50 v1.2.8 and the DN-1000s are a very nice low-fatiguing combo.

As compensation I was listening last night rather late and could live with 175-185, that was normal. But in the day my original figures are more appropriate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back