Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Mar 4, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #1,036 of 2,536
  Just received mine from mp4nation, tried various fits and found the best for me (red ring plus biflange medium), listened to some flac files on my Ibasso dx50. (just one hour). I'm sorry to say this, but i'm slightly disappointed. Probably i was too much hyped, due to the many positive reviews on the web, but i found them good, nothing more. I bought them expecially for the "beautiful bass" everybody speaks about, but i didn't notice a big improvement compared, for example, to my cheaper Vsonic GR02 Bass Edition. They sound more or less the same, just a bit more bright and defined, but for now i found very little that justifies the superior price. However, these are only my first impressions, i'll try new fits to verify if sound improves, but i don't think that it can change much. Sorry for the harsh review and language, i'm not english, i hope i'm understandable :)

Same with everyone else, first couple of days were 'meh' then after finding the perfect rings/tips combination, then it will be "BOOMM!!!" 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 4, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #1,037 of 2,536
Bumping my advice for the horde of new DN1000 owners, you have to try Ultimate Ears TF10 tips. They are a sturdier version of the turbine ones that come with the Dunus. I get a very good seal with them, much better than complys or any stock tips.

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #1,038 of 2,536
  Guys, if you haven't heard the DN-1000 with the O2, then you haven't heard what it can do yet. I have used it with the T1, Palaios, Neco V3, UHA760 and a few other amps, but none have wowed me like this. I still can't believe what this combo is capable of. 

Noisy Motel carries them and it may be worth going down for a demo. 

If they're really that good this makes me want to buy these even more. *winks at the O2 under the display smilingly* I currently have AKG Q701 open phones and would like portable quality phones (not completely satisfied with my Nocs NS400) for jogging, walking, running, exercising, commuting, watching videos in bed from my smartphone etc. Would you recommend the Dunu DN-1000? I've understood its one of the best universal IEM under the 1k$ priced ones. Could they match the SQ of the AKGs?

How would you value the fit when running? Do you get lots of seal issues? If so, does wearing them over-the-ear fix them? Also someone said they are approx 1cm in diameter. Is this really the case as my miniscule Nocs are exactly 1cm?

If anyone could measure the diameter of these, would be appreciated.

Mar 5, 2014 at 4:54 PM Post #1,040 of 2,536
Is this merchant "legit"? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Details-about-DUNU-DN-1000-High-Fidelity-Ultimate-Quality-Hybrid-IEMs-Inner-Ear-Earphones/1676013859.html

Mar 5, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #1,041 of 2,536
  Is this merchant "legit"? http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Details-about-DUNU-DN-1000-High-Fidelity-Ultimate-Quality-Hybrid-IEMs-Inner-Ear-Earphones/1676013859.html

He's got 100% feedback so I reckon it's legit. Aliexpress is quite reliable in terms of customer service; just like amazon.

Mar 5, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #1,042 of 2,536
I finally bit the bullet and got this yesterday. So far I am very, very impressed. Honestly I can't remember when was the last time I enjoyed an IEM so much!!!

It is already making me regret buying the inear stagediver 2. Oh boy why didn't I listen to the Dunu before? Damn!

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #1,045 of 2,536
I hope it goes well for them, they really deserve it. If it's anything like DN -1000 price to performance ratio, DN-2000 will really do well. I guess someone should create a DN-2000 thread as we're getting very close

Mar 8, 2014 at 2:55 AM Post #1,047 of 2,536
Ok boys and girls, I have created a DN-2000 thread so we can shift the DN-2000 conversation over there. 

Save everything getting lost within this thread as it has been the last month.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/708935/dunu-dn-2000-hybrid-impresssions-appreciation-thread-its-coming

Mar 8, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #1,049 of 2,536
Mar 8, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #1,050 of 2,536
By the time I was about to reply you saying why someone but you and I see you already started the thread........so quick as bass from BAs.:D

Yes, well many members aren't even aware of DN-2000 because any info has been getting lost in the pages here, so now it's a little more official.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back