Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jan 28, 2014 at 1:55 AM Post #722 of 2,536
Is the pre-order promo price usd189.50 at mp4nation the best price for an EU resident?

Oh nice, thanks for the heads up. I was on their site just the other day and it wasn't marked down.

Is this in anticipation of the DN-2000?

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #728 of 2,536
  Are there any deals out there on these IEMs or is the $209 on eBay the best bet?

I'm considering selling one of my DAPs, but I want to hear the DN-1000s first.

MP4Nation have them on discount at the moment.

Is the pre-order promo price usd189.50 at mp4nation the best price for an EU resident?

+1

Oh nice, thanks for the heads up. I was on their site just the other day and it wasn't marked down.

Is this in anticipation of the DN-2000?

I was going to purchase them next month, but I guess DN-2000 will be out before then so happy days lol

What, that code still works? Thought it had long expired.

Nah, still works. I've been using it for every MP4Nation purchase since I learned about it in 2012 lol

It cant be combined with any other codes btw.

Jan 28, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #729 of 2,536
What're you priorities with regards to a DAP? Sound quality? UI? Storage space? File playback?

I am mainly looking for a DAP with the best SQ and a sound signature that nicely matches with the DN1K. Got any suggestions?

He asked to have the DN1k to pair with a nice "sound"ing DAP. I think X3 will do some justice as many have quoted.

Can you confirm what other member said, that the Fiio X3 paired with the DN1K sounds subdued? This is my main concern with the X3. I don't want my IEMs sounding tamed.

I'm also interested in this as well...

i currently have a CF-modded, film capped iMod video 5g.. and itching to see if another DAP would make these babies shine even more... Would it matter that I'm primarily pairing these with a JDS Labs C5? 

I've been wondering that myself man. The question here is, how good can the iModded iPod 5G be? Sure it was one hell of a combo back in the day, but I'm wondering, can it really be compared to the X3, ZX1 or DX100?

Jan 28, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #731 of 2,536
I am mainly looking for a DAP with the best SQ and a sound signature that nicely matches with the DN1K. Got any suggestions?
Can you confirm what other member said, that the Fiio X3 paired with the DN1K sounds subdued? This is my main concern with the X3. I don't want my IEMs sounding tamed.

Chk the previous page(48) to see mochill recommended lately, to you.

Jan 28, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #735 of 2,536
Colorfly C3

Might be worth giving it a shot as a second player since it's not very expensive. 

Quote:
Chk the previous page(48) to see mochill recommended lately, to you.

Yeah I saw him recommending the X3 :) I think there's nothing to lose trying the X3. Coming from the WM-Z the UI might be less pretty, but I hope it's worth the SQ improvement.

Quote:
  I don't find the Fiio + Dunu combination subdued; that would depend on the tips. I have that combo and find it pretty idea, with both body and transparency. 

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on MP4Nation, sometimes they offer a 10% discount. Maybe more. 

For the moment, I've narrowed my search to Walkman F, Colorfly C3 and Fiio X3. Now I'm just hoping someone can chime in on the Walkman F + DN1K. Thanks guys. 

EDIT: Btw, if someone can also comment on how a Cowon DAP pairs with the DN1K it will be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back