Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Jan 6, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #511 of 2,536
  what are those with the TF10?

Lol, I wanted to say the medium ones. The medium sized stock tips that come with the TF10's. They have a wide nozzle, which I credit for the increased soundstage, and also provide a very good seal, which enhances the sub-bass. I'm sorry if I came as ambiguous, spanish is my first language lol.

Jan 6, 2014 at 10:54 PM Post #512 of 2,536
  Lol, I wanted to say the medium ones. The medium sized stock tips that come with the TF10's. They have a wide nozzle, which I credit for the increased soundstage, and also provide a very good seal, which enhances the sub-bass. I'm sorry if I came as ambiguous, spanish is my first language lol.

+1 for this combo. Just put the TF10s mediums with red rings and you're spot on in your observations.

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:06 AM Post #513 of 2,536
Hi everyone

I am looking for a replacement for my Ultimate Ears UE700. I was very happy with the sound quality and sound isolation of them. So please use it as a reference point:

How do the DN-100 compare to the UE700 in terms of those 2 parameters?

Also I had a look at the RBH EP1 (i don't need that remote/mic stuff), which seems to have better isolation?

I know that isolation depends highly on the tips, but what are your experiences (especially with the DN-1000) in terms of isolation? How well do they perform in a long distance flight situation?

Any help is appreciated that makes my choice easier, thanks!

Jan 7, 2014 at 5:40 AM Post #514 of 2,536
These don't isolate as well the UE700 with deep insertion, but I find the sound more natural (especially the treble) and they have a bigger soundstage. More bass too, though that depends partly on the tips and rings. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #515 of 2,536
alright, thanks!

i just stumbled over the huge comparison list of this forum. awesome stuff! by looking at it, the RBH are clearly out. a new contestant has risen up again (i rejected them as reviews were differing too much from each other): the klipsch x10

while the x10's isolation seems superior, how much better is the dn-1000's sound quality? i know it's hard to define "how much better", but i'm sure you guys can somehow describe it

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #516 of 2,536
The X10 have a relatively narrow soundstage and a warm sound with not much treble sparkle. They can be great amped, but taken on their own they need a bright source otherwise they sound muffled and congested. The Dunu sound much wider and more transparent, and generally have a more balanced spectrum. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #519 of 2,536
Jan 9, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #522 of 2,536
  Can't decide whether to buy these or not. How is mp4nations return policy?

I ordered mine from MP4Nation... and man, was I relieved when I received them promptly and safely. My biggest fear was finding myself in some of the horrific situations described by fellow Head-Fier's. Delayed shipping, not shipping at all, very poor customer service. Go on, google it yourself and you shall see how many people (not only from Head-Fi forum) complain about customer service from MP4Nation. I wouldn't take risks.

Back to the IEM thing, what are you currently using? What do you expect to get from the DUNUs?

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #523 of 2,536
  I ordered mine from MP4Nation... and man, was I relieved when I received them promptly and safely. My biggest fear was finding myself in some of the horrific situations described by fellow Head-Fier's. Delayed shipping, not shipping at all, very poor customer service. Go on, google it yourself and you shall see how many people (not only from Head-Fi forum) complain about customer service from MP4Nation. I wouldn't take risks.

Back to the IEM thing, what are you currently using? What do you expect to get from the DUNUs?

Currently using the Zero Audio Carbo Basso. I'm looking for something that has nice bass when required but not to the point that the MIDs and highs suffer as a result. I want something that is comfortable as well; I use medium sized tips with a not so deep insertion. 

My three main concerns with the DN1000 is the tips coming off when you pull them out of your ears, the weight when worn straight down and the sound leakage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back