Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Nov 15, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #241 of 2,536
  Personally, I think that a bit more treble couldn't hurt. After using the DNK, going back to my Miracles will make them bass light as hell!

A little more extension would be nice on the high end, though it does a good job of creating air up there. I find them very airy.

Nov 15, 2013 at 4:54 AM Post #242 of 2,536
Also, I found that the red filters opened the soundstage up the most and were the most neutral. 
Is it just me or is there no vent? Don;t most dynamic drivers require a vent so they can breathe? 

Nov 15, 2013 at 5:05 AM Post #243 of 2,536
I can't seem to find a vent anywhere on the housings, the "bling" housings. If the sun hits the wrong angle walking down the street you'll possibly blind someone with chrome reflection. Like having your own personal set of chrome rims for your ears. 

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #244 of 2,536
I just got mine in yesterday. Have people decided on the best tip/ring combo? I'm currently using these tips on mine:

I think they sound pretty darn good! Maybe enough to go up against my UE-900s! I'll do some comparisons later...

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #245 of 2,536
  I just got mine in yesterday. Have people decided on the best tip/ring combo? I'm currently using these tips on mine:

I think they sound pretty darn good! Maybe enough to go up against my UE-900s! I'll do some comparisons later...

Those are my preferred tips with the DN-1000.

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #246 of 2,536

Those are my preferred tips with the DN-1000.

I really really like these tips. They're unique and pretty awesome.

Just did a quick A/B with the UE900s. Wow you can tell these are both using the same TWFK drivers, both implemented pretty well. The bass is more fun on the DN-1000s, but the UE900s still win out in clarity (probably because of the lack of bass) and isolation with some Meelec Tri-flanges cut down to Bi-flanges. I tried slipping those onto the DN-1000s and they just fell right off.

Also, here's an unboxing if anyone's interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZvXO0zKYfY

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #247 of 2,536

Had I known that they were this good I would have taken up djvkool's offer to try them a while back. Review will come in a week. 

wink_face.gif

all good mate, you had many to review back then anyway, I was offering you because I was flying to Melb for the GF anyway so I thought might as well...

Nov 16, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #249 of 2,536
deleted

Nov 16, 2013 at 4:34 AM Post #250 of 2,536
  H20, do not you think there is "excitement" factor which makes you rank DN1000 over H200.

i recall you were similarly excited about H200 even claiming them to surpass RDB+ v1, but not anymore now since you have v1 mini version updated from sample you had before them 
tongue.gif

Yeah mate, it's all hype, delusion new toy syndrome, there's nothing to see here Gintaras 

Let me guide you back to your home ground.

Lets forget about eric10p, djvkool, ostewart, rating  Dunu over H-200, and lets forget about d-marco even though he loves H-200 admitting DN-1000 is stronger technically.  We're all a bunch of liars! 

Nov 16, 2013 at 4:36 AM Post #251 of 2,536
edit

Nov 17, 2013 at 5:44 AM Post #254 of 2,536
dear chaps, it appears i have to apologise to H20Fidelity who apparently thought my prior posts (deleted) were intended to question his integrity and honesty.

never ever i had such intention because i valued H20 opinion and always trusted his findings.

i do not know if this is my English which is not my native language or H20 could not see a friendly leg pulling in some posts here but somehow he read my posts about Dunu in a completely different way.

so i deleted my posts and want to assure H20 in public that i NEVER ever intended to challenge his opinion in comparing DN1000 to H200 nor i would dispute DN1000 superiority because that would be silly to do without hearing them.

i feel sad that some things slipped down and my posts about DN1000 and H200 apparently left completely different meaning.

so I APOLOGISE to H20Fidelity and can only assure him and all of you that there was not even slightest intention to challenge H20 opinion about DN1000, nor the language used in my posts would suggest that.

all in all it appears like a misunderstanding either due to language or to reading problem.

i hope this will help clarify the matter.

thanks for reading and have a nice weekend (the rest of weekend) :)

Nov 20, 2013 at 7:40 PM Post #255 of 2,536
After some more listening, I am VERY impressed with the DN-1000, especially its bass. It is in a different league to the RHA MA750 which IMO is the best IEM under $200. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back