Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Oct 22, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #2,239 of 2,536
Can anyone send me a pic that fits this description?

Thanks to everyone here!

Simply check Brooko's review of the Dunu DN-1000 which is showing all included accessories in large pictures =>  http://www.head-fi.org/content/type/61/id/988845/

left you see the Foam Tips (I did not like Foam at all), then these white tips that are probably providing the most bass amount followed by the translucent tips which are quite good with the red rings and finally the dual flange where the ones with the wide bore that are highly recommended by Paulus because the most fluent and detailed sound feeling

Oct 22, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #2,240 of 2,536
Simply check Brooko's review of the Dunu DN-1000 which is showing all included accessories in large pictures =>  http://www.head-fi.org/content/type/61/id/988845/

left you see the Foam Tips (I did not like Foam at all), then these white tips that are probably providing the most bass amount followed by the translucent tips which are quite good with the red rings and finally the dual flange where the ones with the wide bore that are highly recommended by Paulus because the most fluent and detailed sound feeling

Thanks, sm0rf! I sent them that picture and a picture of all the DN2000 tips in hopes of finding something that fits. Right now, only the massive JVC tips fit me... on most days, at least.

Oct 22, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #2,241 of 2,536
By the way, before you start wasting money on overpriced japanese sellers for buying of JVC tips check cdjapan if they are available or maybe drop them a mail if they can order them for you.

Price and shipping are more then fair, as new customer you receive 300 points álias 300 Yen bonus that you can instant use with your first order.

Oct 22, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #2,242 of 2,536
By the way, before you start wasting money on overpriced japanese sellers for buying of JVC tips check cdjapan if they are available or maybe drop them a mail if they can order them for you.

Price and shipping are more then fair, as new customer you receive 300 points álias 300 Yen bonus that you can instant use with your first order.

Too late for that. I'm way down that rabbit hole already. I've so far spent $42 on tips for this iem. This is precisely why I stopped using iems in the first place.

Oct 29, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #2,244 of 2,536
After bad experiences with GR07 BE and IE80, I ordered Dunu 1K 
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #2,248 of 2,536
why you didnt like those?

Actually I linked my experience with those 2 IEMs, 

I was amazed by the GR07 BE sound while coming from Klipsch S3 but the nozzle was loose since day 1 - GR07's main drawback was build quality issues & then the IE80 after reading through a whole 1 week I've found these have good soundstage with the bass I needed and supreme quality, the IE80s sounded great for bass but they miss a lot of detail against the GR07's the comfort was fine with the IE80s over the Vsonics. Then I've found the logo of S being not symmetric and cable being shockingly inferior over the CX300's with all that fake IEMs from Senns, I wanted to get a better option.

If you don't have issues with the height of the IEM, you'll love it. Just be sure you try the dual flange tips with wide bore out and the red rings.

Sure will do but my narrow ears can't fit Senns dual flanges, Klipsch S3s S size would do, I hope these flanges also have a smaller size.
Thankyou Paulus XII for your Dunu Review, read almost every review about the Dunus and various other IEMs..

Considered a lot of options even before the Vsonics GR07s.

RHA MA750s - veiled & drivers being not reliable along with cable's rubber coating peeling off.
Thought about Dunus as well but felt there was this weight factor...cable issue overtime to some users.
T Peos H200 - less bass and lose mids vs DN1K, H300 - housing coming apart.
ASG rockets - didn't want to risk.
A83 - expensive and less bass over the DUNUs.
XBA H3 - very expensive and bloated bass despite the null crossover atrifacts.
FS G10 - boomy bass again with bleeding into mids like IE80s
UM3X - This was also an option don't remember it whyI didn't consider it.
FLC8-  too much customization for me being a first HiFi IEM.
ASG 1 Plus - Seemed too big housing, again veiled with bass.
Dunu 2000 - Seemed a bit more analytical like the A83 and FLC8 with reduced bass.

EDIT : Logitech UE900 - Seemed downgrade over the TF10s.

After month of reading, even the top tier InEar SD3, Earsonics Velvet & SM64, ASG2.5, ASG1.5, Astrotec AX60, UM Merlin..way too much of reading destroyed my options hehe. Didn't read anything about the JVCs, didn't like the design..

Finally the GR07s and DUNUs only seemed to fit for my taste, I chose the latter because of the fan base / appreciation and many advantages over the Vsonics..
wink.gif

Oct 29, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #2,249 of 2,536
You did an extensive reading. I was one of the cases where the H300 housing split in 2 almost right out of the box. Concerning the Dunu dual flanges, no, they're big. A shame because they sound much better than any other tip. But your ears can ear differently and you will find the right tip. I would try them all, especially third partys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back