Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Impressions thread
Oct 8, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #2,222 of 2,536
  Was it you that I bought them from oldmate? If so then I feel your pain, these things are very impressive indeed. Giving me copious amounts of joy at the moment.....

Glad they have gone to a good home. I will get back into IEM's down the track. Enjoy. My Momentum 2.0 over ears have just arrived so thanks for helping me pay for them!! And to the QLD copper who paid $250.00 for for my D600's. Never thought I would be able to get rid of them for a reasonable price. The bass on those things was just too over bearing.

Oct 8, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #2,223 of 2,536
I don't wear them over-ear. I use them mostly on my commute to work and I'm sitting still on this journey.

So you're saying the cable is known to retain a shape, say from being housed in their case? And this is not an indication that the cable will become stiff - I still possibly have the newer cable?

Hi- That came off a little terse; my apologies. :pray:

I'm having the same issue, but it's not too bad when I wear them over-ear. Wearing them down is annoying with this curve in the cable. It's too bad this iem has such a lousy cable. I'm glad the newer versions seem to have a better one.

Oct 8, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #2,224 of 2,536
beerchug.gif
 i'll Drink to that.....Oldmate.

Oct 15, 2015 at 12:25 AM Post #2,225 of 2,536
I really like these iems, but I have fit issues, even with JVC Spiral Dots ($15) and the bigger JVC tips (Spiral Dots' predecessors) @earfonia recommended, which I had to order from Japan ($17).

No one can say I didn't try to make them work.

PM if interested in buying or trading for them.

Oct 16, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #2,227 of 2,536
Man that sucks shuto 77, surely there's a tip out there for ya? Try the double flange with red rings on...They work a treat.

I made the mistake of buying these used on eBay. The first owner burned through or lost a few of the original tips, including that double-flanged one you mentioned.

I have weirdly-shaped ear canals (wide and shallow), so getting a good fit is tough. The closest I get is with the massive JVC single-flanged tips that's on their flagship iem.

On some days, I get the seal just right; other times, not so much.

Oct 18, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #2,230 of 2,536

He can't order, but can ask. Kind and gently :D

Anyways, pretty similar tips can be purchased from ebay. But the originals are the safe bet.

Well it would be a crying shame if he was to move these IEM's on without at least trying.....Once you have the right tips...Then & only then, will you hear what the true potential of any earphone is.

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #2,232 of 2,536
Well today the outer jacket on the left side cable broke, it eventually got stiffened up enough to snap. I have worn them for hours a day for about one and a half year, I have quite dry skin, short hair but as I have understood it it is the natural oil from the skin that eventually stiffens up the plastic in the jacket. Symptoms became noticeable after about 6 months, another 6 months and most of the flexibility was gone and another 6 months and it cracked.

The cable still works though so I am thinking about ways to repair it. Does anyone have any suggestions? it is a hair-thin tear around the entire jacket (the inner cable is barely visibly exposed). For now I'm thinking of making a splint with tooth picks and tape lol

Oct 20, 2015 at 11:04 AM Post #2,233 of 2,536
Well today the outer jacket on the left side cable broke, it eventually got stiffened up enough to snap. I have worn them for hours a day for about one and a half year, I have quite dry skin, short hair but as I have understood it it is the natural oil from the skin that eventually stiffens up the plastic in the jacket. Symptoms became noticeable after about 6 months, another 6 months and most of the flexibility was gone and another 6 months and it cracked.

The cable still works though so I am thinking about ways to repair it. Does anyone have any suggestions? it is a hair-thin tear around the entire jacket (the inner cable is barely visibly exposed). For now I'm thinking of making a splint with tooth picks and tape lol

Couple of winds around and a little up/down the cable with electrical tape or gaffa tape should keep you going. (lol)

Basically, wrap electrical tape around the cable while weaving it up and down so it holds.

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:10 PM Post #2,234 of 2,536
He can't order, but can ask. Kind and gently :D

Anyways, pretty similar tips can be purchased from ebay. But the originals are the safe bet.

Hi Paulus-

At your suggestion, I reached out to Dunu's customer service. Their rep responded within 24 hours, and offered a thorough and cost-effective solution.

I'll report back when the details are finalized.

I'm extremely impressed with this "US-style" customer service. They just earned themselves a repeat customer. :smiley:

Oct 21, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #2,235 of 2,536
Hi Paulus-

At your suggestion, I reached out to Dunu's customer service. Their rep responded within 24 hours, and offered a thorough and cost-effective solution.

I'll report back when the details are finalized.

I'm extremely impressed with this "US-style" customer service. They just earned themselves a repeat customer. :smiley:

They're very nice, you probably have reached Vivian. Her english is perfect and she's great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back