DUNU DM-480, DM-380 impressions thread
Jan 26, 2020 at 9:09 AM Post #136 of 185
Thanks for the advice. A couple things: I have other IEMs that do quite well with EDM, but are not as magic with classic rock. How much does a decent copper cable cost? Also Dsnuts’s cable looks big and bulky. It does not look practical for compact, on-the-go listening out of my iPhone while I am walking. I am thinking it would be better for me to save the money of a new cable and put it to toward of the aforementioned mentioned BA units that Dunu is working on.

Jan 26, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #137 of 185
Thanks for the advice. A couple things: I have other IEMs that do quite well with EDM, but are not as magic with classic rock. How much does a decent copper cable cost? Also Dsnuts’s cable looks big and bulky. It does not look practical for compact, on-the-go listening out of my iPhone while I am walking. I am thinking it would be better for me to save the money of a new cable and put it to toward of the aforementioned mentioned BA units that Dunu is working on.

I got a few 8 and 16 core copper cables from NiceHCK, very well braided and thick. Can be $7 USD during sales, pretty bang for buck. There's more expensive copper cables like the ISN C-16, it seems very well regarded on headfi and other audio sites, but I haven't tried it.

Personally I won't pair a cable that is more expensive than the IEM itself, and would prefer to spend more $ on the transducer (ie IEM) itself, but of course YMMV.

Jan 26, 2020 at 10:32 AM Post #138 of 185

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000410796393.html?spm=a2g0o.cart.0.0.64223c00kTZYa9&mp=1 This cable should do you fine. On sale right now actually. Since the DM480 is worn over the ear as heavy as the C-16 cable looks it is a non issue. Besides. Nothing says your serious about your audio like a thick arse cable worn around the ears! Lol.

Jan 26, 2020 at 10:42 AM Post #139 of 185
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000400771561.html?
Faael Hibiscus cable seems to be very good, in fact some people are buying the hibiscus just for the cable lol.

Jan 26, 2020 at 11:45 AM Post #140 of 185
Feb 3, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #142 of 185
I posted my initial impressions of the DM-480 and some small comparisons to the KBEAR Diamond in another thread but think it's relevant here as well:

Dunu DM-480:
Next out are these dual dynamics from Dunu. In many ways they're similar to the Diamond with some noticeable differences. The DM-480 are also noticeable V-shaped but with less subbass impact and extension compared to the Diamonds. Due to less bass quantity the quality is also perceived as better. This is even more highlighted as the amount of mid bass is even lesser in comparison to the Diamonds, this gives even less bass bleed. I've read some comments about the DM-480 saying that it sound like if they've got a subwoofer in them and I can easily understand that statement. Actually the DM-480 sounds quite a bit like a balanced armature configuration except for the great subbass. The midrange and upper frequencies on the DM-480 are also quite thin but since the the bass impact is less on them (once again compared to the Diamonds) they do come across as more coherent sounding. That being said the midrange is definitely recessed on the DM-480 as well, it's just less obvious.

The DM-480 are quite small and very comfortable to wear. Isolation is also better than average, especially given their size.

Feb 25, 2020 at 5:06 AM Post #144 of 185
What setup do you guys use with these?
I'm using Q5 + 4 Core Copper + Some soft generic tips
And I can say I really like the extra warmth given by the cable

The bass is amazing and goes very low
On Bob's track "Turn Your Light Down Low" hits you surprisingly hard, bass-head level
And on Om Unit "Lightworkers Call" you can feel how low it goes

Love the forward voices also

Very nice :)

Dunu DM-480 - Low Res.jpg

Feb 25, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #145 of 185
What setup do you guys use with these?
I'm using Q5 + 4 Core Copper + Some soft generic tips
And I can say I really like the extra warmth given by the cable

The bass is amazing and goes very low
On Bob's track "Turn Your Light Down Low" hits you surprisingly hard, bass-head level
And on Om Unit "Lightworkers Call" you can feel how low it goes

Love the forward voices also

Very nice :)

Dunu DM-480 - Low Res.jpg

I agree. give them copper cable for warmer and smooth signature

Feb 27, 2020 at 7:54 AM Post #146 of 185
Does the 480's push-push setup not dive less distortion in these iems? Or is it a matter of reducing resonance?

Couldn't the resonance been resolved with a very solid casing material design?

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #149 of 185
Does the 480's push-push setup not dive less distortion in these iems? Or is it a matter of reducing resonance?

Couldn't the resonance been resolved with a very solid casing material design?
I believe the isobaric dual push system it's all about reducing distortion and improving overall low end extension without using a larger housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back