1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Dunu DK-3001 IEM - 4 driver, 1Dynamic + 3BA

Tags:
First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last
  1. DJScope
    Like I said, I didn't want to jump the gun, and I kinda did. Listening to them now and I feel like the bass has mellowed out, brain burn-in and all :wink: I, too, am really enjoying them. As you say, I'm really loving their technical abilities to convey the music in a very coherent way. They're also very good with vocals; has a very good emotional connection to the music.

2. PinkyPowers
    Dunu 01.jpg

Oh wow... these have a truly beautiful tonality. Soooo smooth, rich, and airy. Soundstage is grand. I don't find these bright in the least, which is something I feared of Dunu.

Honestly, these just became one of my new favorites. I LOVE THEM! Right out of the box they've won me over. Now lets see how this enthusiasm endures as I put the DK-3001 through its paces. Wow, though, what a strong opening.

3. DJScope
    I know, right!? For a IEM with 3 BAs I expected them to be a treble cannon that will shrill my bones, but instead I got a wonderfully clear but controlled treble response with no sibilance or any peaky highs at all.

4. Brooko Contributor
    Sorry guys - I should have posted my review link here. One of the best IEM's I'd heard this year. I'll just quote the summary:

Review has full sets of measurements etc.

[​IMG]

ryanjsoo and Dobrescu George like this.
  5. Dobrescu George
    Your review is awesome as always, Paul!

Thank you for enlightening us about this awesome IEM!

6. PinkyPowers
    I too find the ergonomics uncomfortable. After an hour, it really starts to hurt. That sharp rim in the center presses against my ear, due to how deep the insertion is.

It fits really well, they just need to get rid of all sharp edges.

7. Dobrescu George
    Have you tried spinfits? They really sit comfortably in my ears for long periods of time with spinfits!

Oscar-HiFi likes this.
  8. PinkyPowers
    I'll try those tonight.

9. Dobrescu George
    Please do, they are in the box, and Dunu did an awesome job with them!

10. Oscar-HiFi
    Currently have these in my ears, they just ooze good quality sound into your ears without effort.

Beautifully balanced with excellent detail across the range, and well presented highs without any brightness.

My one gripe, the cables are near impossible to disconnect.

Dobrescu George likes this.
  11. ryanjsoo
    I had that issue too, it's more an issue of pulling directly horizontally, but I guess it's better than the other way around.

As for the actual sound quality of these earphones, I didn't find them to be significantly better than the others around this price like the AF1120, 64Audio U3 and Sage, but they are a fantastic alternative with a bit of dynamic driver bass heft and they were really well detailed to my ear; I personally prefer dynamic bass to armature bass and the Dunu exemplifies this. They're definitely the real deal and an incredibly well done u/gentle v-shaped earphone.

I also had ergonomic issues regardless of tip choice, not unbearable like Pinky, but mild discomfort after about an hour. Spinfits do distance the housings a bit more but I didn't agree with their sound, I eventually went for a slightly larger silicone tip for a shallower fit that did the trick. My main issue with ergonomics is those overly long memory wire segments on the cable and the strange angle the cable leaves the housing.

Dobrescu George and ostewart like this.
  12. PinkyPowers
    The largest SpinFits worked ok. But ultimately, not enough to make it worth it. I've never liked them. The sound has always been too weak for me. So now I'm using the Large Spiral Dots. For most IEMs, Medium or Medium Large Spiral Dots are my go-to. But for these, where they seat into the ear, Large is a must if I want any seal.

Unfortunately this still puts that sharp ridge digging right into my ear.

Why Dunu thought it a good idea to put sharp edges on something that must touch flesh is evident of pure sadism. :triportsad:

By the way, Spiral Dots take the bass up to 11, and seems to increase overall resolution, making everything pop a little more.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  13. Oscar-HiFi
    @ryanjsoo I totally agree the ergonomics are pretty bad, as with the DN2002, they don't necessarily compete with more expensive models but they are very appealing with their dynamic bass punch, and smooth yet detailed sound, the sound will appeal to most but I don't like the direction Dunu have taken with the ergonomics of their new models.

14. Brooko Contributor
    I think they're evolving though - and the more feedback they get from the community, the better they'll get. I know one thing - if I could get the sonics of the DK-3001 into a really ergonomic casing (like the new LZ Big Dipper), it would be right up there with some of the best IMO - especially at the price point. Ticks a lot of my boxes anyway :)

Dobrescu George and Oscar-HiFi like this.
  15. Dobrescu George
    I totally agree, Dunu did something magical with their DK-3001 here, it is an awesome IEM. I can't wait to see their next IEMs and I am really hopeful that they will get their ergonomics better and better in the near future! My review of DK-3001 is still in works and I should probably still roll the tips a bit before finishing it.

First

Back
3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Next

Last