DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
May 9, 2024 at 6:22 AM Post #2,416 of 2,467
Just unpacked my SA6 MkII yesterday and I am only about 10 hours or so in... Oh god, already I can say that the analog-like quality, musicality & tonality, especially with everything string based, is an outright pleasure. I like this tuning a lot for classical music and Jazz. Sure, MkII have no genre limitations, but some Haydn string quartets put a really big smile on my face 😆😉.

May 12, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #2,419 of 2,467
Thanks to DUNU-Topsound this is my first Dunu iem

IMG_20240511_2244432-222.jpg

For now I can say that I'm surprised seeing the accessories that Dunu included! Dunu included the world here :) they can embarass iems that cost much more.

May 13, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #2,422 of 2,467
I really like the Glacier and i was just one click away from purchasing it.
I was only waiting for a single review to confirm that the upper mids are not harsh or too prominent as I enjoy listening to music loudly.
If I make a wrong purchase and want to send it back they will not accept returns due to hygiene reasons and where I live it is not possible to test them.

The YouTuber mentioned that the Glacier has a digital timbre and is not that great, while other YouTubers say it's a 4-star IEM and Dunu collaborates with these people.
I don’t know what to believe as I need genuine, real and honest opinions.

As for collaborations, I'm not a fan of the idea. While I understand that they have a big fan base and there's marketing involved they seem to prioritize promoting their own IEMs making the rest not only less visible but also worse.

Despite the Da Vinci IEM, when I went to purchase the Glacier on the Dunu website, It was in My face on top of the website a new collaboration ,Marai IEM and some other reviewers which I don't like at all.
I left the website immediately.
They might as well call their website DunuTube from now on to match the business model.
Glacier is amazing. Upper mids are not harsh, not shouty. There’s a few reviews out there and not a collab. Sub bass is deep and rumbly. Very natural and organic sounding with great air. Not digital at all

May 13, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #2,423 of 2,467
Glacier is amazing. Upper mids are not harsh, not shouty. There’s a few reviews out there and not a collab. Sub bass is deep and rumbly. Very natural and organic sounding with great air. Not digital at all
Upper mids being harsh or shouty is subjective and dependent on how sensitive the listener is.

It measures almost identical to the variations in the upper mids and to me the variations were a bit shouty. So, it’s not surprising that some people will find this in the case with the glacier.

May 13, 2024 at 3:40 PM Post #2,426 of 2,467
That isn’t the hulk pro mini that came with the sa6 mk2, it doesn’t have the q lock modular connectors. The hulk mini is also substantially thicker.

Last edited:
May 13, 2024 at 4:18 PM Post #2,428 of 2,467
Thanks for clearing that up. On the picture I couldn't see that... only the colour and the winding seem very similar to the Hulk Pro Mini.
It aesthetically looks almost identical to the Duw02s cable apart from the different modular system.

The hulk pro mini cable was too thick and stiff I felt, so it’s actually a bonus if it is some variation of or similar to the duw02s.

May 13, 2024 at 4:31 PM Post #2,429 of 2,467
May 13, 2024 at 4:33 PM Post #2,430 of 2,467

Users who are viewing this thread

Back