DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Oct 30, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #1,231 of 2,387
Given I spent a few days with the SA4 only to have my time effectively wasted in the absence of a global release, all I will tell you is to not buy the SA4 if the Chinese version is the same as the one I had for a while. There were tuning issues that weren't resolved and I guess the VULKAN, TALOS, and KIMA took precedence thereafter. Here's a photo of the set if you were curious:

IMG_3629.jpg IMG_3686.jpg
Pretty sure yours (and every other reviewer that got one) had the wrong tuning from the factory or something, so it isnt the tuning that it is supposed to have. (I had one like that and returned it.)

Oct 30, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #1,232 of 2,387
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the SA6 Ultra's tuning and feedback in going to serve as a baseline for a higher end model in the studio line.
I would not be surprised if a SA8 would be released next year with the SA6 Ultra's tuning but slightly better as they have 2 extra BA's to use where necessary to improve it even further. So I do think we're going to see the tuning from the SA6 Ultra from Dunu again, just not on a SA6.

But we might have to wait a while for it, seeing as the SA4 still has not seen a world wide release more than half a year after the domestic release and almost a year after it was announced. Apparently due to getting a re-tune for the western market, but I don't know anymore if this was confirmed or just speculation. It's available on AliExpress from some reputable stores now so I guess it's had a soft release of what has been confirmed to be the domestic version, but it's not on the official store yet. Then again neither is the SA3 for some reason.

Might pick the SA4 up during 11.11 though as it does seem like a good IEM.
But there are almost no reviews on it and I do have the SA6 Ultra coming which might make the SA4 redundant. And it's coming very soon having landed yesterday.

I don't really mean to hound you for answers on the SA4 @Sebastien Chiu. I'm just eagerly awaiting it's official release and any info on it as I'm genuinely interested in the SA4.
The SA4 has been available on Ali for months.

Don't see DUNU making more SA3s, no one in the community cares about this set, it was thrown into the pit of obscurity the second it launched.

I'd personally go for an SA6 given the lack of SA4 reviews

I'm guessing the only reason DUNU refuses to make more SA6 Ultras is because the SA6 is still doing very well (Something you can't say about most IEMs after 2 years.)

Oct 30, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #1,233 of 2,387
The SA4 has been available on Ali for months.

Don't see DUNU making more SA3s, no one in the community cares about this set, it was thrown into the pit of obscurity the second it launched.

I'd personally go for an SA6 given the lack of SA4 reviews

I'm guessing the only reason DUNU refuses to make more SA6 Ultras is because the SA6 is still doing very well (Something you can't say about most IEMs after 2 years.)
Yes but now they released basically the same IEM but better...Wonder if people will still buy the SA6, knowing the improved version can "re-release" at any moment.

Oct 30, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #1,234 of 2,387
Yes but now they released basically the same IEM but better...Wonder if people will still buy the SA6, knowing the improved version can "re-release" at any moment.
OMG...it is not going to re-release. The only way to get the Ultra is going to be secondhand. The sooner everyone accepts this, the better.

Oct 30, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #1,235 of 2,387
It sold out, the Ultra is an irrelevant IEM in the sense that you can't buy it outside of waiting for someone to list it on classifieds or elsewhere.

Oct 30, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #1,236 of 2,387
That's rather annoying tbh, I don't see how that benefits Dunu at all by people reading and watching reviews gushing over the Dunu Z-Reviews SA6 Ultra, everyone proclaiming they are better than the original SA6 but nobody can by them, the original SA6 has been on my list of to buy IEMs for a while but this has soured them imo, it's makes them feel like an inferior product, which tbh based on the reviews of the Z version thus far seems to be the case, so I'm really not sure what Dunu's strategy is here other than rubbing people up the wrong way and lessening the value proposition of the origanal SA6.

Just wanted to kindly encourage putting an end to this lane of the conversation.

We are not planning to re-release the SA6 Ultra or an improved version of the SA6 anytime soon.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2022 at 4:31 AM Post #1,238 of 2,387
For those of you guys who ordered the sa6 ultra from hifigo, what is the status of your order? I still havent got an update on shipment. It's almost 1 week but still no details on the shipment.

I messaged Hifigo late last week and they responded:

"we always ship the orders by sequence, and your order is expected to ship next Monday or Tuesday." Which is today or tomorrow 😀

Oct 31, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #1,239 of 2,387
I messaged Hifigo late last week and they responded:

"we always ship the orders by sequence, and your order is expected to ship next Monday or Tuesday." Which is today or tomorrow 😀
Looks like we got the same exact reply.
I thought I can receive mine by 2nd week of nov based on their shipping estimates. Didnt know that it takes them a week to ship orders. 😔

Oct 31, 2022 at 7:06 AM Post #1,240 of 2,387
For those of you guys who ordered the sa6 ultra from hifigo, what is the status of your order? I still havent got an update on shipment. It's almost 1 week but still no details on the shipment.
Mine it's almost here, but in Italy tomorrow is a holiday, so deliveries will be postponed by one day 😑
But I must say that I was probably the first ever to order, or in any case among the first 3, since I clicked the purchase button literally no later than 2 seconds after it was made available 😄

Oct 31, 2022 at 7:13 AM Post #1,241 of 2,387
Just wanted to kindly encourage putting an end to this lane of the conversation.

We are not planning to re-release the SA6 Ultra or an improved version of the SA6 anytime soon.
Well that's unfortunate to hear. Guess I'll have to look elsewhere.

Oct 31, 2022 at 7:28 AM Post #1,242 of 2,387
Looks like we got the same exact reply.
I thought I can receive mine by 2nd week of nov based on their shipping estimates. Didnt know that it takes them a week to ship orders. 😔

I am in Scotland so a long trip ahead 🤣

Oct 31, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #1,243 of 2,387
I just received my SA6 Ultra today! You guys might just need to wait just a tad longer :wink:

Attachments

• 20221031_231542.jpg
    20221031_231542.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 31, 2022 at 8:31 AM Post #1,244 of 2,387
I just received my SA6 Ultra today! You guys might just need wait just a tad longer :wink:
Man the pattern on your right side looks like tiger hehe.

Oct 31, 2022 at 3:15 PM Post #1,245 of 2,387
I was wondering what was going on with my order that I placed a week ago and visited the product page on hifigo.com and found this:

SA6 Ultra has already sent 100 pcs, and the remaining 200 pcs are expected to be sent out within 2-3 weeks. Since SA6 Ultra is handmade, in order to ensure the quality and beauty of the product, only 10-20pcs can be produced per day. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

I guess I will be waiting a bit longer. Glad I managed to grab a set though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back