DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Oct 25, 2022 at 6:58 AM Post #1,126 of 2,571
Just got my hands on the SA6 Ultra, my oh my, this sounds so good.

For my short impressions, I will share a few words only,

Clean, Effortless, and Detailed. It has got a pretty solid level of detail but at the same time sounds smooth with no harshness. Fits like a charm, the shells are light. Also the stage has got a solid 3D presentation. it sounds decently wide and has a lot of air and spaciousness.

P.S: Was having the worst time of my life, this came as a surprise and brought a breath of fresh air!!. Will share my complete review on this soon as well because it sounds so good I don't think I will be able to put it down anytime soon :)

SA6 1.jpg

SA6 2.jpg

Oct 25, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #1,127 of 2,571
Just got my hands on the SA6 Ultra, my oh my, this sounds so good.

For my short impressions, I will share a few words only,

Clean, Effortless, and Detailed. It has got a pretty solid level of detail but at the same time sounds smooth with no harshness. Fits like a charm, the shells are light. Also the stage has got a solid 3D presentation. it sounds decently wide and has a lot of air and spaciousness.

P.S: Was having the worst time of my life, this came as a surprise and brought a breath of fresh air!!. Will share my complete review on this soon as well because it sounds so good I don't think I will be able to put it down anytime soon :)

SA6 1.jpg
SA6 2.jpg

Wow, 3D soundstage? Detailed and effortless? This might be the SA6 that I've always wanted.

Thanks for the impressions, and best of luck with life, mate!

Oct 25, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #1,128 of 2,571
Wow, 3D soundstage? Detailed and effortless? This might be the SA6 that I've always wanted.

Thanks for the impressions, and best of luck with life, mate!
I would say @TimmyVangtan was so accurate in his comparison with the Anole VX. Last time I had such an effortless feeling when I listened to the Anole VX. Although the resolution and detail level is still a tad bit, do read "TAD Bit" better on the Anole VX, the SA6 Ultra sounds phenomenal for its price point!!

It will be an amazing companion for my current IEMs!! I have been listening to it since the past 2 hours lol. Time for a short break before I resume again :p

Oct 25, 2022 at 8:18 AM Post #1,129 of 2,571
I would say @TimmyVangtan was so accurate in his comparison with the Anole VX. Last time I had such an effortless feeling when I listened to the Anole VX. Although the resolution and detail level is still a tad bit, do read "TAD Bit" better on the Anole VX, the SA6 Ultra sounds phenomenal for its price point!!

It will be an amazing companion for my current IEMs!! I have been listening to it since the past 2 hours lol. Time for a short break before I resume again :p

You've almost convinced me, mate :dt880smile: It's a shame that this amazing IEM is not a mainstream release from Dunu. For this amount of money, I prefer to spend at my local hi-fi store (Dunu authorised dealer in Australia) to support the folks there.

Oct 25, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #1,130 of 2,571
Any thoughts on the SA6 Ultra for rock and metal? I am thinking stuff like Tool, foals, Incubus, Mastodon, Clutch, Led Zep, Pink Floyd....
I am between these and the yanyin Mahina, while I listen to a little bit of everything I have to say Rock and Metal take most of my listening time :)

Oct 25, 2022 at 9:18 AM Post #1,131 of 2,571
Any thoughts on the SA6 Ultra for rock and metal? I am thinking stuff like Tool, foals, Incubus, Mastodon, Clutch, Led Zep, Pink Floyd....
I am between these and the yanyin Mahina, while I listen to a little bit of everything I have to say Rock and Metal take most of my listening time :)
if they have more body than the original they could be fine, I found the original sa6 to be a bit sterile for my taste with metal

Oct 25, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #1,132 of 2,571
if they have more body than the original they could be fine, I found the original sa6 to be a bit sterile for my taste with metal
i think the sub bass and mid bass are almost the same, the bigger change was in the treble. more mid bass would be great for rock
having testing the original sa6 from a friend completly agree with you, and i also listen mostly to rock and metal.
nonetheless is a great iem that got improved with this new version. i just think it won't be the mahina for rock.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022 at 10:02 AM Post #1,133 of 2,571
i think the sub bass and mid bass are almost the same, the bigger change was in the treble. more mid bass would be great for rock
having testing the original sa6 from a friend completly agree with you, and i also listen mostly to rock and metal.
nonetheless is a great iem that got improved with this new version. i just think it won't be the mahina for rock.

Thanks for the replies! I like to listen to a bit of everything every now and then (mainly jazz, hip hop and pop) but if I am being honest with myself it is Rock/metal what I listen to 80% of the time and if I am spending this kind of money on earphones (or anything, realy) I'd rather have them being amazing with what I enjoy the most instead of being a jack of all trades.

I am also considering the yanyin canons since they are much cheaper and apparently a good pairing with my music of choice but if anything around 600 is so much better I would be willing to go for it.

Anyway, thanks again for the replies!

Oct 25, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #1,134 of 2,571
Any chance that Dunu will sell this Hulk Pro Mini cable separately? Or will it only come with the SA6 Ultra?

3c96d3e0b2d7c67cac104c9ea3f15b05_8c12ae3c-6c69-419c-bd67-1103a1a3c032_1000x667.jpg

Oct 25, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #1,135 of 2,571

I know diminishing returns exist, but this is a bold claim.

This would annihilate just about everything under a grand, not even the Variations is safe from the market destruction the SA6 Ultra would ensue if it has near levels of Anole VX resolution.

Anyone knows if the OG DUNU SA6 has a series of tubing like the Ultra? I don't recall seeing this on the original SA6.

A three second google search clear this out for me: Yes, it's used on the OG SA6 too.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, its the "Precision frequency dividing system" mentioned in the SA6 Ultra Product Description.

The only way I'll know if the resolving ability stacks up to claims is by biting the bullet and getting an SA6 Ultra while there's still some left.

Oct 25, 2022 at 12:37 PM Post #1,136 of 2,571
I know diminishing returns exist, but this is a bold claim.

This would annihilate just about everything under a grand, not even the Variations is safe from the market destruction the SA6 Ultra would ensue if it has near levels of Anole VX resolution.

Anyone knows if the OG DUNU SA6 has a series of tubing like the Ultra? I don't recall seeing this on the original SA6.

A three second google search clear this out for me: Yes, it's used on the OG SA6 too.

For those that don't know what I'm talking about, its the "Precision frequency dividing system" mentioned in the SA6 Ultra Product Description.

The only way I'll know if the resolving ability stacks up to claims is by biting the bullet and getting an SA6 Ultra while there's still some left.
Anole vx is obviously more resolving, but there is not night and day different as per the price difference 😅

Oct 25, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #1,137 of 2,571
Any chance that Dunu will sell this Hulk Pro Mini cable separately? Or will it only come with the SA6 Ultra?

3c96d3e0b2d7c67cac104c9ea3f15b05_8c12ae3c-6c69-419c-bd67-1103a1a3c032_1000x667.jpg
I think they will release this separately. The cable is quite good, lightweight.

Oct 25, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #1,139 of 2,571
Dying for more impressions on SA6 Ultra.
Comparisons would be awesome!
Most intriguing for me personally is the holographic 3D stage.

Is it comparable to something like the MEST MK1/MK2?
I have the Monarch MK2 with me, if you want i can compare it against the SA6 Ultra. No experience with Mest series to make any comment :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back