DUNU - Discussion/Impressions Master Thread
Oct 14, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #1,051 of 2,571
Thanks for the quick follow-up, @Sebastien Chiu!

Anybody else besides me can't put the Talos down? I think this might genuinely be my endgame as far as planars are concerned. The S12 has been dethroned, this is truly a shock personally, but a welcome one :o2smile:

Thank you so much!

Oct 17, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #1,054 of 2,571
More impressions as I'm here listening now..

Talos has more micro detail than the Timeless from memory and better dynamics. This planar driver is extremely quick and there is enough room on the stage for large arrangements with Beethoven. So this iem passes the test with classical music. Also stage widened and became deeper switching from the Moondrop Dawn to the Cayin RU6. Notes thickened up slightly too, so Talos is giving good info of the differences in gear.

This is not a basshead iem. It did not thump when I listened to X from the Black Panther soundtrack which is my test track for bass. This is a balanced iem that sounds accurate and provides details, good imaging and speed in the transients that one would expect from a planar driver. There is pretty good note weight as well and a realistic timbre.

There is brightness with the BAs switched to ON, as I've heard some talk about. Sound is great with just the planar driver working, but people can have a different flavor if they are treble heads i guess.

This set is just darned good man. This is gonna be a tough one to beat at this price.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #1,055 of 2,571
More impressions as I'm here listening now..

Talos has more micro detail than the Timeless from memory and better dynamics. This planar driver is extremely quick and there is enough room on the stage for large arrangements with Beethoven. So this iem passes the test with classical music. Also stage widened and became deeper switching from the Moondrop Dawn to the Cayin RU6. Notes thickened up slightly too, so Talos is giving good info of the differences in gear.

This is not a basshead iem. It did not thump when I listened to X from the Black Panther soundtrack which is my test track for bass. This is a balanced iem that sounds accurate and provides details, good imaging and speed in the transients that one would expect from a planar driver. There is pretty good note weight as well and a realistic timbre.

There is brightness with the BAs switched to ON, as I've heard some talk about. Sound is great with just the planar driver working, but people can have a different flavor if they are treble heads i guess.

This is set is just darned good man. This is gonna be a tough one to beat at this price.
10 days in and I thought the honeymoon would end for me, but no. Talos is here to stay.

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #1,056 of 2,571
Why are we not talking about these beauties?

453C838E-1BCC-4AD1-9884-9B7CA899ACB3.jpeg

Oct 18, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #1,057 of 2,571
Oct 18, 2022 at 5:46 AM Post #1,058 of 2,571
Why are we not talking about these beauties?

453C838E-1BCC-4AD1-9884-9B7CA899ACB3.jpeg
Here's something to get our teeth into...
1666084067865855.png

It's definitely more than just a cosmetic change!

Oct 18, 2022 at 2:11 PM Post #1,059 of 2,571
With every single news coming out, the SA6 Ultra feels more and more tempting.

Was just watching Timmy’s latest video, and now i am even more tempted 😅 I loved the VX when i auditioned it, if these numbers are true, i am sold hehehe
88F7E8B4-A4EF-4AF6-A231-5BF585480ED1.jpeg

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:08 PM Post #1,060 of 2,571
With every single news coming out, the SA6 Ultra feels more and more tempting.

Was just watching Timmy’s latest video, and now i am even more tempted 😅 I loved the VX when i auditioned it, if these numbers are true, i am sold hehehe
88F7E8B4-A4EF-4AF6-A231-5BF585480ED1.jpeg
That's a big claim by Timmy, which is why he added some disclaimers.

If the BAs on the Ultra are exactly the same, improved treble extension affects resolution more than I thought.

An 8.75 in detail is like an A+ when you convert the score to a grade, most people say the SA6 is around a B+/A- on detail.

This would be kind of market breaking if the SA6 Ultra costs around 600 USD which is what I'm guessing the price for theezzze will be (Hahaha, Zeos Joke.)

Oct 18, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #1,061 of 2,571

If the BAs on the Ultra are exactly the same, improved treble extension affects resolution more than I thought.

An 8.75 in detail is like an A+ when you convert the score to a grade, most people say the SA6 is around a B+/A- on detail.

This would be kind of market breaking if the SA6 Ultra costs around 600 USD which is what I'm guessing the price for theezzze will be (Hahaha, Zeos Joke.)
Same thoughts man. I am kinda amazed by the numbers. I was always interested for the SA6 but never got a chance to audition it. Maybe I will get my hands on the SA6 Ultra hehe.

Oct 18, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #1,063 of 2,571
These look great. It's really nice that Dunu didn't change the stabilized wood shells.
Yeah the wooden face covers look dope!!

Oct 18, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #1,064 of 2,571

can this new treble extension add so much in details and soundstage? was surprised (in a good way) because is just a new tunning

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2022 at 6:29 PM Post #1,065 of 2,571
can this new treble extension add so much in details and soundstage? was surprised (in a good way) because is just a new tunning
It shouldn't add an insane difference unless the IEM was a bloated mess or had zero treble extension.

The OG SA6 doesn't have any bass bleed and has decent treble air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back