Dec 17, 2012 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

Feldin

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, back again
I need a new headlhone for dubstep
I have a MAX $400 for everything
Preferably 200-300 range
I drive from a iphone but if its neccesary ill buy an amp
I want around ear that dont leak much and are stylish enough to wear on the bus to school every day and around town
I would like tons of bass so my main genre- dubstep sounds stellar
I like the v-moda lp2 crossfades and the mr.speakers maddog
The two things that stop me from buying them on the spot is that the vmodas leak a ton and the mr.speakers look terrible
I would buy one with a good recommendation forthem but i want to consider other options
Thanks fir the help
Feldin

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:07 PM Post #5 of 29
Another vote for the M-100. My library consists of 70% Dubstep, general EDM, Trip Hop, etc, and these have been PHENOMINAL handling those genres. It's "bass in yo face", but articulate.  I'm not sure why it would be any different than the LPs, but the M-100s don't "leak a ton". Leakage is noticeable when you reach dangerous volume levels (which is not neccessary to cave your face in btw), but they only sound like someone wearing earbuds at that point.

Dec 18, 2012 at 12:31 PM Post #6 of 29
Quote:
Hey guys, back again
I need a new headlhone for dubstep
I have a MAX $400 for everything
Preferably 200-300 range
I drive from a iphone but if its neccesary ill buy an amp
I want around ear that dont leak much and are stylish enough to wear on the bus to school every day and around town
I would like tons of bass so my main genre- dubstep sounds stellar
I like the v-moda lp2 crossfades and the mr.speakers maddog
The two things that stop me from buying them on the spot is that the vmodas leak a ton and the mr.speakers look terrible
I would buy one with a good recommendation forthem but i want to consider other options
Thanks fir the help
Feldin

Heya,

Get a used Ultrasone PRO 900 with a Digizoid ZO. Or an M-Audio Q40 with a Digizoid ZO. Or an Ultrasone HFI 580 with a Digizoid ZO. Or a Sony XB500 with a Digizoid ZO.

Otherwise, go IEM.

Very best,

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #9 of 29
Ultrasone or V-moda you'll be fine. Most of the boys here like how they look. 

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:07 PM Post #10 of 29
Is there a big difference on te vmoda lp lp2 and m100
Im a casual listner so if the differences are miniscule- too miniscule for my newbie esrs to tell a difference, ill buy the lps bc there cheap

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #12 of 29
Quote:
Is there a big difference on te vmoda lp lp2 and m100
Im a casual listner so if the differences are miniscule- too miniscule for my newbie esrs to tell a difference, ill buy the lps bc there cheap

Since the M100 are pretty new on the market i haven't made a comparison. 

The lp2 are meant for people who care mainly for bass, poor midrange and highs. Take a look at the M80's instead. 

Feb 14, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #14 of 29
Another vote for the V-Moda M-100's here. They sound fantastic with your style of music and look the part too. I own them and love them but no-one who's heard both the M-100's and the LP would pick the LP's even given the price difference.

Feb 15, 2014 at 7:38 AM Post #15 of 29
Denon D600 and don't look back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back