Dt990 Bass Rattle
Jul 19, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #31 of 37
every beyer i owned has had some sort of rattle at louder bass volumes at some point or another. hasn't happened much with the T1 though. one time it did, but i think i was playing too loud too. beyerdynamic headphones don't get as loud as other headphones. (any1 ever see how loud sennheiser hd 650s get, its ******* ridiculous), grados too.

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #32 of 37
Hm, well despite the 40hz rattle with the test track, not every track has this issue. Could just be less presence of that frequency, but starting to wonder if these are just unforgiving headphones.

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #33 of 37
Quote:
every beyer i owned has had some sort of rattle at louder bass volumes at some point or another. hasn't happened much with the T1 though. one time it did, but i think i was playing too loud too. beyerdynamic headphones don't get as loud as other headphones. (any1 ever see how loud sennheiser hd 650s get, its ******* ridiculous), grados too.

Noticing what you have, are the Pro 900s any good? The DT990s don't have enough punch, I happen to really like percussion and bass to come out in my music, but I don't want them to take the lesser details away on the highs or vocals. 

Not that I'll be getting any new cans immediately, but my current collection is pretty sparse, and would like some opinions on where to go from here.... ^^;

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #34 of 37
Yeah, I had one of my HTF600 drivers do that after only 2 hours use. Very prominent on freq from 40-60hz. Sent them back. Can you exchange them?

Jul 19, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #35 of 37
Had them for about 2 years so I don't think that's really a possibility. At best I can order a new driver and install it myself. 
Still curious about those Ultrasones <.<

Aug 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #36 of 37
same here dt990 premium, I am using an audio engine n22 amp.
Massive bass rattle in just the left side but get this, it is only on the very first loading screen on skyrim anywhere up from about middle volume.

Any music/game (including skyrim after that point) I can play at full volume (both the amp and windows vol cranked to full) and they don't even flinch

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:46 AM Post #37 of 37
Same too,,,, does the most expensive HD800 has those too ? or all the headphones has that problem ? it's my first studio headphones and I'm really not happy with that annoying rattling,, I have the ohms 600

Users who are viewing this thread

Back