dt990 600ohm (Beyerdynamic) vs. A2000 (Denon)
Apr 30, 2010 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

bluntman

100+ Head-Fier
How would you compare the two h-phones?

tongue_smile.gif

Apr 30, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluntman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
some people have both and have listened to both. i'm sure others can be more useful than you
wink.gif

Mate your nickname very much describes you
k701smile.gif

May 1, 2010 at 12:07 AM Post #6 of 27
I've always wanted to create this thread a month ago, but for some reason, that never happened( idk why tho, lol)

but yeah, this is a tough one.

On one side you have the 990's; which resemble the 880's detail so much + have enjoyable club poppin/slam factoring' tight bass when the song calls for it. The low end underground frequencies are to die for in these cans
smily_headphones1.gif
The mids are a bit recessed, but with lots of burn in hours, they become very warm, crisp and inviting(especially with a really good tube amp)Not to mention the fact that they are Open; which adds so much clarity and sound stage and lets you enjoy the music the way it was intended to be heard.

As for the Denon D2000's? Well.. I have no first hand experience with them other than the fact that they are bassy and truly intimate. But the million dollar question is do the bass on the d2000 triumph the 990's in terms of quality, quantity and presentation?

I'd be glad if more users wanna chim in about their experiences with both cans(if they owned both)

May 1, 2010 at 12:36 AM Post #8 of 27
X2
I'd like to know how the dt990 / d2000 compare as well.
this would let me know whether the denons are an area i'd like to explore or not...

May 1, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #9 of 27
This is the thing.

Do the Denon's have an advantage in bass, quality, detail, and sound stage, or does the Beyerdynamic come through with the clutch?

I just have this feeling that the Beyer is more flat, hence if you were to compare the AKG702 to the HD650, when compared to the A2000. Will anyone like to diverge?

May 1, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluntman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is the thing.

Do the Denon's have an advantage in bass, quality, detail, and sound stage, or does the Beyerdynamic come through with the clutch?

I just have this feeling that the Beyer is more flat, hence if you were to compare the HD650 and AKG 702, when compared to the A2000. Will anyone like to diverge?

anyone?

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

May 1, 2010 at 1:23 AM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by David.M /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone?

popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

hahahaha. that's practically an entire theatre of people just waiting for answers.

here's another...
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back