DT880/600 Question
Apr 22, 2011 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

app11s

New Head-Fier
After reading quite a bit on these forums, I finally decided to purchase Beyerdynamic HD880/600ohm with a woo audio 3 amplifier. I have my source connected to a fireaudio spitfire DAC, which then feeds the WA3. I just hooked up the amp today. The problem is, I get almost no sound out of the right channel (probably reduced 95%) of the headphones when connected to this setup. I connected the headphones directly to the DAC (I've been using it like this prior to using the amp with no issues up until this morning), and had the same problem. I took off the 1/4" adapter and connected the headphones to my computer, and I could then hear audio out of both channels, with the right channel being maybe 10-15% less volume. I again connected to the 1/4" adapter and tried with 2 different sources, and the right channel is barely audible (95% volume reduction). I connected a second set of headphones to the amp, and both channels were of equal volume (but there was some buzzing). The thing that is more odd is that these headphones used to sound fine, and didn't have this problem a week ago - also, I'm not sure why the 1/4 adapter is having such a huge effect. Any ideas?

Apr 22, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 2
Seems like something is wrong with your 1/4" adapter, and maybe also a little bit with your 1/8" plug. Any change in sound if you wiggle the plug around a bit when it is inside the headphone jack?

How do you plug your headphones into the Spitfire DAC?

Another possibility is that you plugged your headphones into the tube amp before letting it warm up fully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back