DT 770
Feb 3, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #16 of 18
how are the sound of the 250 ohm overall? especially the bass, i love bass, but i barely listen to rap, more like electronic french music(nightcall) daft punk, zeppelin and pink floyd, i allready ordered the 250 ohm over the 80 ohm because a while ago there was a forum where ppl overwhelmingly loved the 250s over the 80s way more, they said it had the same bass strength just tighter and punchier, better sound stage and overall a more refined and just better sound (do you agree with this)?, i cant find this forum anymore where ppl loved the 250s over the 80s and now when i go on threads ppl prefer the 80s over the 250s :frowning2:. can you clarify things?

Feb 3, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #17 of 18

Quote:
How are the sound of the 250 ohm overall? especially the bass, i love bass, but i barely listen to rap, more like electronic french music(nightcall) daft punk, zeppelin and pink floyd, i allready ordered the 250 ohm over the 80 ohm because a while ago there was a forum where ppl overwhelmingly loved the 250s over the 80s way more, they said it had the same bass strength just tighter and punchier, better sound stage and overall a more refined and just better sound (do you agree with this)?, i cant find this forum anymore where ppl loved the 250s over the 80s and now when i go on threads ppl prefer the 80s over the 250s :frowning2:. can you clarify things?

I just spent the last ten minutes comparing the DT770 Pro 80-Ohm verses the Pro 250-Ohm, I think I like the sound of the 250-ohm a little better (clarity?).
I'm using Foobar and the Asus Xonar Essence STX with the unified Xonar Drivers and 3 LME49860NA op-amps.
Listening to Kavinsky- Nightcall
Both headphones are so close, it really does not matter that much which one someone has.

Mar 31, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #18 of 18
I asked my friend who's an audio engineer this but he didn't really give that much of a response ; how come a lot of audiophile grade cans have a huge rolloff below 100hz? I'm sure there are better examples of "audiophile" headphones that you guys could come up with but these were just the first few I found that I could contrast with my DT770 32s. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back