DT 770 Pro 80
Jan 25, 2011 at 9:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

passagress

New Head-Fier
Ok, so when it comes to headphones I'm pretty inexperienced.  I first decided to get some beats, but decided against it as it seems as there not really all that great.  I have $200 to spend max, and I mostly listen to rock and rap.  I listen from my computer, mostly from pandora, and I'm not really planning on getting an amp.  I was thinking of buying the DT 770 Pro 80s, but was wondering if I should buy somthing else.  I listen for about 3 hours a day.

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #2 of 9
The 770 Pro 80's need an amp.

Sep 10, 2011 at 7:27 AM Post #6 of 9
I have the dt770 pro, And i play it through a traktor audio DAC. Which makes it go pretty loud, yet it does have a bit more siblance than my internal soundcard, or iphone.
Also it sounds kinda distorted when it goes up louder.

Will playing through a dedicated amp help? And do you have any suggestions for a cheap amp?

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #7 of 9
A lot of people like the cmoybb: http://www.jdslabs.com/products.php  I made my own using the tangent instructions and even that one works decently enough (I tested them with some old sennheiser I have that is 150ohm).  Personally though I'd just get it from jdslabs and in special instructions say it's for a dt770 pro 80ohm and they'll adjust the gain accordingly at no cost.

Sep 11, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #8 of 9
What will you be plugging your headphones into?
The DT-770 Pro 80-Ohm is fairly good without a headphone amplifier.
But the amplifier does improve it.
For the money you save buying a refurbished DT-770 Pro 80-Ohm,
you can buy a fairly decent headphone amplifier.

An Asus Xonar DG (PCI) sound card ($20 after mail in rebate)
will give your Windows PC a decent headphone amplifier.

There are also lots of low cost single tube headphone amplifiers on eBay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back