DT 770 pro 80 ohms with cmoyBB. Too much bass dangerous?
Jun 9, 2011 at 12:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

phazey

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I recently acquired a DT 700 pro 80 ohm and got the JDLabs cmoyBB for it. Now with bass boost turned on, the DT 770s actually do rumble because of the bass. I'm not complaining as I listen to a lot of dubstep and enjoy heavy bass, but is this dangerous for my headphones? I don't want the drivers to blow out after having for a week or two. Sorta new to amps and stuff, so any input would be appreciated! Thanks!

Jun 9, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 13
Test it out and bring back results
popcorn.gif

Jun 9, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #4 of 13
Anyways, any portable amp will not pour enough power into fullsized headphones to make them blow.

My Grados have taken my entire receiver on full blast, which blew out all my speakers at once. 

You won't have a problem until you find the perfect frequency to make the driver shatter, not crack, SHATTER

Jun 9, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #6 of 13
Adjust your EQ. 

I just did a pad mod on my Grados and the Bass is TOO MUCH and a visit to my EQ in Foobar2000 solved at bit of the BOOM

Jun 9, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #8 of 13
youll probably hear them bottom out if its too loud or impactfull

Jun 9, 2011 at 2:40 AM Post #10 of 13
youll know it when you hear it.  It will just be an off sound when the bass hits hard.  I can't explain it very well.
I don't even know if bottoming out was the right term.

Jun 9, 2011 at 6:09 PM Post #11 of 13
does the rumble sound good? i have the same headphones and amp, i cant even use the bass boost because it just distorts the bass and makes it sound like crap. perhaps its my audio source/cables but i cant get the "bass in your face" response as much as i got from my AudioTechnica M50 and ES7 (especially ES7 with the clamped on ear design)

Jun 9, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #13 of 13
I owned DT 770 Pro / 80 for a year.
They are wonderful, I loved their bassy sound, but that bass will rape your ears very soon.
It is just extremely powerful.
Just turn down volume a bit, because that might have bad consequences for long listening to bassy music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back