DT 770 pro 80 ohms, refurbished for $90. BD has 4 more to sell
Aug 31, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #61 of 84
For those still interested I finally heard back from them today (sent sunday so I was worried they weren't going to have more) and they said there would definitely be more dt 770's.  Didn't say when though.  So either subscribe to their newsletter or keeping pounding the F5 key...

Sep 1, 2011 at 3:28 AM Post #64 of 84

Quote:
Heya,

Haha, they're sold out. I was gonna buy an extra pair just to flip to someone for the same price to help someone out with an amazing deal so they're not missed if they didn't sell out by tonight. I'm glad some head-fi'ers got 'em.

Very best,

Aw
are these better than the denon 2000s? ): im upset if they are

Sep 1, 2011 at 3:38 AM Post #65 of 84

Quote:
Aw
are these better than the denon 2000s? ): im upset if they are

Heya,

Not better than the Denon D2000's. I like the velour pads of the DT770 Pro, but the D2000 is superior in sound in general. The DT770 Pro sounds like it has recessed mids, but has strong bass and treble. The D2000's are a pretty good set from top to bottom but has a really deep low end that is satisfying.

Very best,

Sep 1, 2011 at 8:27 AM Post #67 of 84
Would I be crazy to pass these up as my first set of decent headphones? I'd been looking at the sr325s, HE-300s or DT 880s (which are obviously more expensive)... but if a pair of these crops up am I going too big too soon, do you think?

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #68 of 84

Quote:
Would I be crazy to pass these up as my first set of decent headphones? I'd been looking at the sr325s, HE-300s or DT 880s (which are obviously more expensive)... but if a pair of these crops up am I going too big too soon, do you think?

First you need to figure your budget. The 770 is closed the other three are open phones/. The 880 is a step up IMO over the 770 with wider sound stage more detail but less bass/  For the street price of the 880 600 ohms which needs to be used with an amp I do not think you will find anything better IMO. I preferred it over the Senn HD600, AKG701 and others priced close to it or more expensive. For 90.00 refurbished the 770 is very easy to drive has good isolation and works on ipods and PC also so its very easy to use for portable as well. A nice phone that's sounds very good and I hear Beyer is putting more up there. Open phones have more better sound stage and the other you mention the Grado and new Hifiman I have not heard.

Sep 9, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #70 of 84
They were listed today, and sold out in what looks like 3 hours.  I got the email that they were available and when I went to the page they were already gone.  Although I'm calling shenanigans.  5 sold, 3 of the buyers are new users with 0 feedback.  Other 2 only had 4 feedback.  It's like these people are going to try and flip them and sell them back as new.  Sucks for people like us that want one to actually use it and not make a quick buck off of.  O well.  Seems like last time there was a long delay and then a few are listed in a short period so I guess I'll resort to mashing F5.

TL;DR:  WAAAAA other people got them before me

Sep 9, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #72 of 84
Tehy are great for the money and a nice change of pace when I surf the web. Shoot them another email and ask them to let you know before they post them so you get one or ask them if you can buy one direct without ebay and they save some fees also. My 15 year old daughter is trying to take mine. I will have to get her a pair for XMas

Sep 10, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #73 of 84

Quote:
Tehy are great for the money and a nice change of pace when I surf the web. Shoot them another email and ask them to let you know before they post them so you get one or ask them if you can buy one direct without ebay and they save some fees also. My 15 year old daughter is trying to take mine. I will have to get her a pair for XMas

I wouldn't do that, everyone should have just a good a chance as me.  I did recommend that they list them in bursts.  Like list another bunch in a couple days since now I'll be keeping an eye on their page.  It's the first tab I have open and refresh any chance I get to see if a new one is listed.  Sadly I'm typing this now while I'm wearing my HD558's and I have a pair of visang r02's I just received today burning in (sound is fine but the "springy" cable is annoying, but I digress...)

Sep 13, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #75 of 84
I received my dt770s a few weeks ago.  Although I do like them, I prefer my D2000s at home.  I figured I would use them as beater headphones for on the go, but I would rather carry my HD-25s around to be honest.  They have been sitting at my desk since.  If anyone wants to take these off my hands, I would be willing to let them go for 95 shipped.  Shoot me a PM if interested.  I could just post them in the sale section, but I figured I would let subscribers here get first crack at it since there are a few people here waiting for them to pop back up on ebay. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back