Drop x Sennheiser PC38X
Jun 9, 2021 at 6:45 AM Post #61 of 68
Try to keep an eye on the B-stock on the creative website. They quite often go for 75 bucks. At that price, it is a steal.

I have used both, and prefered the hel 2 in the end. But honestly, I didn't hear a difference on the 38x, but prefered the Hell because of the physical volume control (G6 is digital, and you will be limited between 2-15% or so in windows). Still though, for 75 bucks, it is a steal.
G6 is a steal at that price. Excellent gaming amp and it's respectable with music as well. Just a shame Creative won't pay the licensing to have audio over USB on the Series X (I blame Microsoft of course for being money grabbing).

Jun 9, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #62 of 68
Try to keep an eye on the B-stock on the creative website. They quite often go for 75 bucks. At that price, it is a steal.

I have used both, and prefered the hel 2 in the end. But honestly, I didn't hear a difference on the 38x, but prefered the Hell because of the physical volume control (G6 is digital, and you will be limited between 2-15% or so in windows). Still though, for 75 bucks, it is a steal.
Ahh thanks. Yeah Hel 2 is my first option also but it's backordered right now and some people are having to wait like 3 months.

Also shipping is pretty pricey for Canada. I might wait still. Unless I can find a G6 cheap like you said.

You mentioned the lack of a volume wheel on G6. It really doesn't have a physical button? That's unfortunate.

Jun 9, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #63 of 68
Ahh thanks. Yeah Hel 2 is my first option also but it's backordered right now and some people are having to wait like 3 months.

Also shipping is pretty pricey for Canada. I might wait still. Unless I can find a G6 cheap like you said.

You mentioned the lack of a volume wheel on G6. It really doesn't have a physical button? That's unfortunate.
The G6 has a volume knob.

Jun 14, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #66 of 68

It does have a physicals knob, but that knob changes your windows volume. Whenever you have 100% windows volume, you have 100% G6 volume. That is not an issue perse, but I found it not ideal. First because there is a constant thread of blowing up your sensitive gear (although there are probably some limiter software or something). Second because the power of the G6, I could only turn up to volume to maybe 20%. That leaves 2-20 as your playing room for volume, not enough degrees of freedom. Hope that makes sense :)

Jun 14, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #67 of 68
Do you guys use velour or cloth pads? Which is better for gaming like Warzone?

This is 100% preference. I actually use Dekoni pads, but that is only for comfort. I might try the cloth again though in this weather...

I have been searching and searching for a consensus on the pads, and so far I found none. If you have a feeling one sounds better, use that. If you don't, use the one that feels best. I have a feeling I can hear slight differences, but have no clue what is better.

Jan 20, 2024 at 12:56 AM Post #68 of 68
i bought one of these for my son a while ago. When using it with an ipad mini (5th gen) a little knock will stop the audio.

i am assuming this relates to how this headphone /cable is wired?

has made these quite disappointing with this issue. Can anyone shed light on this?

(no issue when using with an old 2012 imac)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back