Dream Earz aud-5X Custom IEM Review: Pure Value @ $565 - Also the appreciation thread!
Dec 20, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #436 of 597
Quote:
Well, I've decided the fit of my left phone is a bit off so I'm gonna get new impressions and send them back for a reshelling. Bummed, but it makes sense because the guy who did my impressions had me put the bite block between my right molars. Seeing as how my left phone is the one that feels a bit too small, that would explain it.

I'd like to point out that I'm a prophet.

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #438 of 597
Wow, I didn't realize Mitch had already released an Aud-8X. I might have to see if I can upgrade when I send my 7X in for a reshell.

Dec 20, 2012 at 2:24 AM Post #439 of 597
Quote:
Wow, I didn't realize Mitch had already released an Aud-8X. I might have to see if I can upgrade when I send my 7X in for a reshell.

They have different sound signatures, so a move from the 7X to the 8X might not be what you want as the 6X and 8X are more neutral than the 5X and 7X.

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #443 of 597
Indeed, you called it. But it seems like most people have fit issues at least once in ciem land.

That's right, it's completely normal and usual. It'll all work out, just give it a little patience. I'm Mitch will take care of you.

Dec 20, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #444 of 597
btw, I know it's probably a stupid question, but would the 8X have anything in common with the 8.A? Or does the fact that they both have 8 drivers mean nothing in terms of comparability...?

Dec 21, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #445 of 597
Just got some new impressions. He was kind enough to do both an open mouth and closed-mouth/naturally talking (as per Mitch's instructions) impression free of charge. They both look identical, but the left impression was much more deep and secure this time around, so I'm hoping that will produce a better fitting monitor on that left side. Just waiting to hear back from Mitch on where and what I need to ship them, he said 2 1/2 weeks is the likely turnaround time. 

Wish this thread was more active though. Even from a bad fit, I can tell that these are some very capable monitors. Smooth and thoroughly enjoyable.

Dec 21, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #446 of 597
Quote:

Wish this thread was more active though. Even from a bad fit, I can tell that these are some very capable monitors. Smooth and thoroughly enjoyable.

Yup.  Mitch should get more love he puts out the goods at prices more than competitive.  His stuff really is the best kept secret around these parts.

Dec 22, 2012 at 1:15 AM Post #447 of 597
I got my 8x and heard it for a few hours, they are definitely neutral, or some would say bass-light, but I really am liking the details I am hearing, the four sound bores really allows all the sound to come together nicely. I'm getting a lot of clarify that I didn't hear in the 5x. Just needing more burn in and also getting more used to the sound for a better review, but as of now, things are good!

Dec 22, 2012 at 1:25 AM Post #449 of 597
Quote:
I got my 8x and heard it for a few hours, they are definitely neutral, or some would say bass-light, but I really am liking the details I am hearing, the four sound bores really allows all the sound to come together nicely. I'm getting a lot of clarify that I didn't hear in the 5x. Just needing more burn in and also getting more used to the sound for a better review, but as of now, things are good!

So..... the 5x and 7x have more warmth in the signature than the 6x and 8x?  Did the soundstage or presentation change from the 5 to the 8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back