Dragonfly COBALT vs.............Discussions
Aug 9, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #1,068 of 1,192
Head fi has confirmed it is deleting my account (my own request) and as this is one of the last very few threads I have remained on I just wanted to say goodbye to those (nice ones) of you that have accompanied me on here in these past years. Happy listening to everyone.
Why cancelling bro?

Sep 8, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #1,072 of 1,192
guys im having an issue with my new dragonfly and iPhone. Using the camera adapter sometimes my phone recognises it, sometimes not. It seems totally random, any ideas? I tried a dragonfly red and same deal. iPhone XS max. When it doesnt work i get a message saying the accessory isnt supported...

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #1,073 of 1,192
guys im having an issue with my new dragonfly and iPhone. Using the camera adapter sometimes my phone recognises it, sometimes not. It seems totally random, any ideas? I tried a dragonfly red and same deal. iPhone XS max. When it doesnt work i get a message saying the accessory isnt supported...
When I was using the Dragonfly Cobal, I had the same issue. The fix is easy: you have to unplug the camera adapter, rotate it by 180 degrees and plug it again :D

Sep 10, 2021 at 5:33 AM Post #1,074 of 1,192
When I was using the Dragonfly Cobal, I had the same issue. The fix is easy: you have to unplug the camera adapter, rotate it by 180 degrees and plug it again :D
Lord have mercy on my soul. Mine is backwards so I have to put it in 'upside' down but it works!

As a side note, absolutely loving this little thing. Replaced my Mojo and the added convenience is a huge boon

Sep 13, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #1,076 of 1,192
Depends on what you need to drive with it. DFR is pretty noisy with low-impedance high-sensitivity IEMs. Cobalt is silent. Both have the same front-end, so output power would be the same. If you don't use sensitive IEMs, you could be happy with DFR. I have both, use DFR as a DAC (with Fiio A5 as an AMP) to drive all big cans, and Cobalt with all IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back