Douk Audio U2 Pro DDC - Poorman DDC for an affordable & clean digital signal
Oct 9, 2021 at 7:28 PM Post #181 of 614
Are you the chosen one? did they take you to visit the oracle already?
Oh I've been to the Oracle, 😂😂

Probably just ones too many times!!😜😜

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Oct 9, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #182 of 614
LOL

Oct 19, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #183 of 614
can someone here confirm what is the max. resolution audio for coaxial and for optical? not that my high res library is too large or too high res, but just to be aware of the bottle neck. for DSD and for PCM. Thanks in advance.

I moved to a new place, with very noisy windows anyways... not sure if so much tweaking is relevant now anymore, still considering this purchase.

Oct 19, 2021 at 10:58 PM Post #184 of 614
can someone here confirm what is the max. resolution audio for coaxial and for optical?
It works up to 192kHz on coax, see post, also on optical (which is a maximum you can get on any equipment).

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:35 AM Post #185 of 614
thank you sir. What about DSD?

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #187 of 614
thank you sir. What about DSD?
Can't test on my defective device, it make a noise with 176.4kHz sampling rate - it is DSD64 DoP frequency. But I can hear some music below noise level, it means it plays well. .LOL.

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #188 of 614
Just grabbed a used gustard x16 and iis over hdmi seems limited to 384khz. Am I doing it right?
Yip, 384kHz is a maximum for this device.

Oct 20, 2021 at 3:27 PM Post #189 of 614
Can't test on my defective device, it make a noise with 176.4kHz sampling rate - it is DSD64 DoP frequency. But I can hear some music below noise level, it means it plays well. .LOL.
ok, so you still could not get a decent douk ddc, just like that other guy... interesting. Not a very reliable product then, no?

Oct 20, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #190 of 614
ok, so you still could not get a decent douk ddc, just like that other guy... interesting. Not a very reliable product then, no?
I don't know whether it arrived defective or had been mishandled. It doesn't have any protection against use of incorrect power supply. This unit was purchased for me by the other guy who wanted to test it, then handed over to me and immediately left for Safari tour. When he came back, Amazon return period was over. Now it depends on the Douk customer service how they deal with the matter, but a silence from a person is not promising well.

Oct 22, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #191 of 614
Got the U2 with 3xTCXO upgrade, fantastic ! Presentation is like 'glass' is only way I can describe it vs USB...not very
scientific, I know.

Any of you find the optical connection can cut out if you move it ?
My Hugo 2 port end does not have that issues...
Just trying to find out if others are a bit loose on the U2 port. I know you won't normally move them around
but I set it up at different locations and when moving it a bit more can cut out a few seconds..not the optical
cable, tried 2 already.

Am going to also get a coax cable and test out vs optical - see if its even possible to tell the difference.

I doubt you can tell the difference between this DDC and ones 5x 10x etc...in blind tests.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 3:56 PM Post #192 of 614
Any of you find the optical connection can cut out if you move it ?
My Hugo 2 port end does not have that issues...
Just trying to find out if others are a bit loose on the U2 port. I know you won't normally move them around
but I set it up at different locations and when moving it a bit more can cut out a few seconds..not the optical
cable, tried 2 already.
My optical port was also loosing connection, but I have soldering iron next to me and refreshing socket solder joints fixes a problem. As it is a second case, it means they have a quality problem on the assembly line. All joints visually do not show a poor workmanship, including optical socket, but it was a cold joint in this place.

I think you should also check whether 176.4kHz works, It could be the entire batch with crippled XMOS chip.

Oct 22, 2021 at 4:17 PM Post #193 of 614
176.4kHz works testing just now over optical, but I don't upsample on that end - as Hugo2 upsamples internally once it received bitperfect and it sounds more natural vs SoX upsampling from Audirvana...well whatever it does I think just letting H2 do its thing sounds best...

Do you have the TCXO model or which one of the 3 clock choices ?

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2021 at 7:09 PM Post #194 of 614
Unusual. It can be Hugo doing OK, but Douk not...
Test all sampling rates. If other sound better, note irregularities. SoX upsampling with good quality option give minimal differences.

Standard option. I have fem-to oscilators ready, but not going to install on this defective unit..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back