Double Helix Cables Thread
Sep 29, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #1,831 of 2,056
So I never got any email replies until I suddenly received a shipping notification along with separate tracking info. Then replies to emails. Next thing you know, my order was updated as per change requests and my Ultrashort adapter arrived at my door in Canada the next day. So from no communication and then bam. Adapter (4.4mm female to 1/4 male) is top notch. Patience is key.
I have one of that from DHC.
4 pins XLR to 4.4.4mm
4.4 mm to 6.3 mm ultra short adapter
Also
Lemo to 3.5 mm ultra short adapter for hp too.

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:13 PM Post #1,832 of 2,056
Patience is not the ability to wait, but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting

Oct 12, 2021 at 9:05 PM Post #1,833 of 2,056
Just placed an order for a DHC Complement C cable for my new LCD-5. Hope Peter’s good reputation for quality cables is solid. Norne Audio didn’t have stock of the copper cables I was looking for, so I decided to give DHC a shot.

Oct 12, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #1,835 of 2,056
Just placed an order for a DHC Complement C cable for my new LCD-5. Hope Peter’s good reputation for quality cables is solid. Norne Audio didn’t have stock of the copper cables I was looking for, so I decided to give DHC a shot.
I wonder if copper or silver will sound the best on the LCD-5's?

Oct 13, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #1,836 of 2,056
Dhc best cable sounds best but I have copper for an iem, and c4 for an se hp now use prion 4 balanced for hd800S. There’s no bad choices but once you go prion 4 it’s hard to not follow it up

Oct 14, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #1,837 of 2,056
I have complement C. The best copper cable, imho.

Oct 18, 2021 at 2:00 AM Post #1,838 of 2,056
So mine finally came in. One of the ultrashort connectors is tilted but its fine for now. It has more presence for sure but it does give some ear fatigue with my hd6xx and bhc. Its fine with other amps but i was surprised there.

I would think an all copper cable would be better but those were much more expensive.

Oct 24, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #1,839 of 2,056
I just wanted to jump back in here and say how incredibly happy I am with the Molecule Elite (8-Wire Silver) I purchased a couple of months ago.

It is the first serious aftermarket cable that I've owned and it is an absolute dream to use.

I use it with my Focal Stellia's and either my Lotoo PAW 6000 or JDS Labs Element II.

I'm not going to try and describe the sound of this cable, as I don't have the words or experience to do so, but I will say that I've listened to more music since I got this than at any other time of my life. And it's not just that I'm rediscovering music that I love, but wading into other genres simply because everything sounds so good!

Of course, that isn't all thanks to the Molecule Elite, the Stellia's are an incredible set of headphones, especially when paired with the Lotoo.

I tried going back to the stock Stellia cable. Just as a point of comparison. I lasted two songs before I packed it away again.

If you are thinking about getting a Double Helix Cable, it's worth the wait.

IMG-4145.png

Nov 4, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #1,841 of 2,056
Received the Complement C today via FedEx. Initial impressions are good with my LCD-5 headphones. Smooth with good extension and great bass. I got the naked copper/no sleeve option as well as the upgraded silver/rhodium XLR connector. It's a very solid-feeling cable, but not as substantial as my braided Norne Audio Draug Clear, which is made with larger gauge wire. The proof is in the pudding, as they say, so I'll see how it sounds over time.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2021 at 1:47 AM Post #1,844 of 2,056
Received the Complement C today via FedEx. Initial impressions are good with my LCD-5 headphones. Smooth with good extension and great bass. I got the naked copper/no sleeve option as well as the upgraded silver/rhodium XLR connector. It's a very solid-feeling cable, but not as substantial as my braided Norne Audio Draug Clear, which is made with larger gauge wire. The proof is in the pudding, as they say, so I'll see how it sounds over time.
What do you think about the Complement C vs the Draug?

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:25 AM Post #1,845 of 2,056
What do you think about the Complement C vs the Draug?
Unfortunately, the Draug I own is not terminated for Audeze headphones, so I can’t do a direct comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back