Double Helix Cables Thread
Jan 1, 2022 at 9:59 PM Post #1,861 of 2,056
I wish I hadn't gotten rid of my Prion 4. I should've just had it reterminated to fit my Audeze/Elite cans. I've tried some other cables on my LCD-5's but I'm finding copper may be the best fit for their sound signature.
Yeah, using silver cable loses some ambiance, a sacrifice I guess Audeze doesn't want to have.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022 at 10:22 PM Post #1,862 of 2,056
Depending on how your Prion4 was terminated you could have just ordered an adapter for the Audeze/Elite. I have my Prion4 terminated for the MDR-Z1R and have the 3.5mm to 4-pin Mini XLR adapter for my LCD-X.
Yeah, in hindsight that’s exactly what I should have done.

Jan 1, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #1,863 of 2,056
Yeah, using silver cable loses some ambiance, a sacrifice I guess Audeze doesn't want to have.
I was happy Audeze didn’t include the silver plated copper cable with the LCD-5’s. That cable sounds terrible to me. I do want to try the DHC Complement C cable to see if it’s an improvement over the stock copper cable for the LCD-5’s.

Jan 1, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #1,864 of 2,056
I was happy Audeze didn’t include the silver plated copper cable with the LCD-5’s. That cable sounds terrible to me. I do want to try the DHC Complement C cable to see if it’s an improvement over the stock copper cable for the LCD-5’s.
I don't know how it is terrible but if the outer plated silver is not thick enough, it would level up the treble "roughly" and bring stridency. I ordered both the new complement C copper and silver cables from DHC. I would post my thoughts once I receive them.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #1,865 of 2,056
I don't know how it is terrible but if the outer plated silver is not thick enough, it would level up the treble "toughly" and bring stridency. I ordered both the new complement C copper and silver cables from DHC. I would post my thoughts once I receive them.
Awesome, looking forward to hearing your thoughts on how the Complement C and Silver compare.

Feb 3, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #1,867 of 2,056
Are there ever any sales/ coupons?

Feb 3, 2022 at 10:27 AM Post #1,868 of 2,056
Feb 9, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #1,869 of 2,056
IMG_20220209_163018_301.jpg

EE Wraith with gorgeous DHC Symbiote Elite 19 and new leather case.

Feb 11, 2022 at 7:14 PM Post #1,871 of 2,056
Hi, can I ask how is the ergonomics of this cable with your Z1R? I'm looking for a cable for IER-Z1R, so far couldn't find anything I like.
If we are talking about the version with a fabric sleeve, then this is not your option.
It is soft but has a microphone effect.
Sleeveless, it is noticeably softer, looks and feels lighter, more ergonomic and more compact. When it comes to 22AWG cables, there are few options. Complement C is the thinnest of them. Norne Audio can be a little softer. For example, Dunu Hulk is some harder and thiсker.
Or you should pay attention to something noticeably more subtle and comfortable. Such cables include, for example, new versions (21-22) of Whiplash Cable Dynamics. But they are not very free to buy.

Feb 11, 2022 at 7:35 PM Post #1,872 of 2,056
Hi, can I ask how is the ergonomics of this cable with your Z1R? I'm looking for a cable for IER-Z1R, so far couldn't find anything I like.
Ergonomics of DHC IEM cables are second to none. I have 3 DHC IEM cables. No microphonics in any of them. They are soft, supple, and built like a tank. And they're not stiff like a lot of high end cables.

Honestly... unless you want your cable to be a piece of jewelry, you're wasting your money on any more expensive cables. You won't find any better. That they're reasonably priced compared to a lot of high end cables is just a bonus. I've had a lot of cables, and I honestly wouldn't buy anything else anymore.

Feb 20, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #1,875 of 2,056
Copy that! Thanks! I'm very tempted. I e-mailed Peter, asking if a similar 'S-mod' is possible with the standard Complement C, but haven't heard back yet.

On the other hand, if I just get the C15 + S-mod, I know that I would never ever be tempted to upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back