Double Helix Cables Thread
Dec 9, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #1,846 of 2,056
IMG_20211126_135035_285.jpg

DHC Symbiote Elite 19 with Oriolus Traillii and L&P W2.

Dec 19, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #1,848 of 2,056
Just placed an order for a DHC Complement C cable for my new LCD-5. Hope Peter’s good reputation for quality cables is solid. Norne Audio didn’t have stock of the copper cables I was looking for, so I decided to give DHC a shot.
I just placed an order of a DHC Complement C15 for my LCD-5 as well. Hope I can get it in about 2 weeks as stated on the website. lol.

Dec 19, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #1,849 of 2,056
I just placed an order of a DHC Complement C15 for my LCD-5 as well. Hope I can get it in about 2 weeks as stated on the website. lol.
You don’t like the stock cable? I have the LCD-5’s as well and think the stock cable is pretty good.

Dec 19, 2021 at 10:07 PM Post #1,850 of 2,056
You don’t like the stock cable?
I only got a 6.3mm stock cable (I didn't order LCD-5 directly from Audeze) and I haven't tried it because I always use 4-pin XLR. I am using the LCD-5 with ZMF 4K copper cable and it sounds amazing. This ZMF cable has some magic to make things smooth and clear but its 4-pin mini connectors are somewhat loose.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021 at 12:09 AM Post #1,851 of 2,056
i ordered my clone silver on bf, received on dec4.
loving that.

Dec 20, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #1,853 of 2,056
i have the elite19, it is damn good, and i tried the clone silver, it has more controlled, affordable and transportable. i like it.
the elite 19 on the other hand, it gives more layers and environment depth

Dec 20, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #1,854 of 2,056
i ordered my clone silver on bf, received on dec4.
loving that.
Great! Before this C15, I also bought a Complement 4 Silver from DHC for my HD800S. The waiting time is long but this silver cable is also amazing. It improves the overall timbre of the sound. I think C15 is the upgrade of this silver cable and I am looking forward to receiving it.

Dec 20, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #1,855 of 2,056
I only got a 6.3mm stock cable (I didn't order LCD-5 directly from Audeze) and I haven't tried it because I always use 4-pin XLR. I am using the LCD-5 with ZMF 4K copper cable and it sounds amazing. This ZMF cable has some magic to make things smooth and clear but its 4-pin mini connectors are somewhat loose.
Ah, got it. Mine came with the 6.3mm cable to. I contacted Audeze and they replaced it with a balanced one. Couldn’t be happier.

I’ve owned the Prion 4 from DHC. I got a silver Complement 4 on my TC’s and a Complement 3 Fusion cable on my Elites. I can say the LCD-5 sounds the best with an all copper cable. Looking forward to hearing what think of the Complement C.

Dec 20, 2021 at 7:35 PM Post #1,856 of 2,056
Awesome! I just had the cable on my Dita Dream's die, so am thinking a Clone Fusion might be in my future but haven't decided yet.
I think it will be a really good idea. I used my Dita Dream with Clone Silver and it was a great combo for sound. In addition, this cable has good convenience.
(In general, if you are interested in a more detailed opinion, you can find my review on Clone Silver on Porta.fi)

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #1,857 of 2,056
I think it will be a really good idea. I used my Dita Dream with Clone Silver and it was a great combo for sound. In addition, this cable has good convenience.
(In general, if you are interested in a more detailed opinion, you can find my review on Clone Silver on Porta.fi)
Thanks! I appreciate hearing first-hand that it's a good combo. I'll have a read of your review.

Jan 1, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #1,858 of 2,056
Ah, got it. Mine came with the 6.3mm cable to. I contacted Audeze and they replaced it with a balanced one. Couldn’t be happier.

I’ve owned the Prion 4 from DHC. I got a silver Complement 4 on my TC’s and a Complement 3 Fusion cable on my Elites. I can say the LCD-5 sounds the best with an all copper cable. Looking forward to hearing what think of the Complement C.
Today I found a Verite silver cable in the drawer which I left for a moment. lol. Using LCD-5 with a silver cable, the imaging is more refined and precise. The smooth is improved to another level, more similar to electrostatic headphones, like a "bass-enhanced" 009s that I listened to on my friend's system. I really like to see what would happen with a Complement C silver DHC cable.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2022 at 7:32 PM Post #1,859 of 2,056
Today I found a Verite silver cable in the drawer which I left for a moment. lol. Using LCD-5 with a silver cable, the imaging is more refined and precise. The smooth is improved to another level, more similar to electrostatic headphones, like a "bass-enhanced" 009s that I listened to on my friend's system. I really like to see what would happen with a Complement C silver DHC cable.
I wish I hadn't gotten rid of my Prion 4. I should've just had it reterminated to fit my Audeze/Elite cans. I've tried some other cables on my LCD-5's but I'm finding copper may be the best fit for their sound signature.

Jan 1, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #1,860 of 2,056
I wish I hadn't gotten rid of my Prion 4. I should've just had it reterminated to fit my Audeze/Elite cans. I've tried some other cables on my LCD-5's but I'm finding copper may be the best fit for their sound signature.
Depending on how your Prion4 was terminated you could have just ordered an adapter for the Audeze/Elite. I have my Prion4 terminated for the MDR-Z1R and have the 3.5mm to 4-pin Mini XLR adapter for my LCD-X.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back