Double Helix Cables Thread
Feb 20, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #1,876 of 2,056
Copy that! Thanks! I'm very tempted. I e-mailed Peter, asking if a similar 'S-mod' is possible with the standard Complement C, but haven't heard back yet.

On the other hand, if I just get the C15 + S-mod, I know that I would never ever be tempted to upgrade.
I got the s-mod with my C15. I asked Peter about it and he said the s-mod adds a bit of sparkle and transparency.

Mar 19, 2022 at 9:21 PM Post #1,877 of 2,056
Has anyone had experiences with the DHC Prion 4 with the HD800S?

May 15, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #1,879 of 2,056
I don't know how it is terrible but if the outer plated silver is not thick enough, it would level up the treble "roughly" and bring stridency. I ordered both the new complement C copper and silver cables from DHC. I would post my thoughts once I receive them.
Any update/views?

May 15, 2022 at 7:49 PM Post #1,880 of 2,056
Has anyone had experiences with the DHC Prion 4 with the HD800S?
I have it, well for years and years, whenever prion 4 balanced launched. Ran a c4 to hd800S se before then stock before that. Each step provided sonic benefits but there is no way to a/b se versus balanced and again, it’s been so long. I just haven’t changed a thing and won’t

Jun 6, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #1,881 of 2,056
IMG_4401.JPG

Just got my C15 w/ Eidolic PEERLESS XLR and initial impressions are that it is indeed more musical than the stock cable for my LCD5. I hear a slightly darker treble (perhaps the s-mod would have helped here), but with a more fuller midrange and heftier lower-end. The fuller notes create a more coherent portrayal across the frequencies which really helps to just get sucked into the musical versus the more analytical stock cable.

I'll take some cooler photos later but happy with the purchase so far. Looking forward to improving my chain further with some TWL ICs and PCs within the next week or so.

Attachments

• IMG_4402.JPG
    IMG_4402.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4408.JPG
    IMG_4408.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Jun 6, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #1,882 of 2,056
IMG_4401.JPG

Just got my C15 w/ Eidolic PEERLESS XLR and initial impressions are that it is indeed more musical than the stock cable for my LCD5. I hear a slightly darker treble (perhaps the s-mod would have helped here), but with a more fuller midrange and heftier lower-end. The fuller notes create a more coherent portrayal across the frequencies which really helps to just get sucked into the musical versus the more analytical stock cable.

I'll take some cooler photos later but happy with the purchase so far. Looking forward to improving my chain further with some TWL ICs and PCs within the next week or so.
The Prion4 does everything the C15 does and opens up the treble without being harsh. The Prion4 made my LCD-X listenable as I was contemplating selling it based on the cables I had been using.

Jun 10, 2022 at 10:25 AM Post #1,884 of 2,056
Any suggestions on contacting dhc? I placed an order at the end of April and also sent an email 48 hours ago and haven't heard anything back? Hoping DHC watches this thread.
Email is usually the best way and I wouldn’t be surprised if you don’t hear back for another week. I would just reach back out occasionally for updates.

Jul 13, 2022 at 10:30 AM Post #1,888 of 2,056
12 weeks since my order. Was told 4 weeks ago it would be ready in the next week. I think out of 4 emails I received one reply. Not thrilled.
I heard from Peter 2 weeks ago that he's backed up due to a personal issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back