Double Helix Cables Thread
Mar 7, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #1,232 of 2,056
Some of us have asked you when did you order your Prion 4, and no respond yet from you.
Now, I feel like Peter has some customers with some privilege based on Prion 4 ordering over some less money items.
Smell like some lawsuits to DHC.

If you go through this thread, you'll find plenty of indications on how short/long the waiting times are. I waited about 6 months before I got my Silver Complement4 (about 2 months later than the - at the time advertised - waiting times due to a miscount in stock). Was it worth the wait? Absolutely. As with all items that have a long wait time, simply order and forget about it. If you cannot wait for such a long time, then buy from another company. It is that easy.

Mar 7, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #1,233 of 2,056

If you go through this thread, you'll find plenty of indications on how short/long the waiting times are. I waited about 6 months before I got my Silver Complement4 (about 2 months later than the - at the time advertised - waiting times due to a miscount in stock). Was it worth the wait? Absolutely. As with all items that have a long wait time, simply order and forget about it. If you cannot wait for such a long time, then buy from another company. It is that easy.

I like your answer. At least about 6 months of waiting time.
Other people would not politely respond to a simple question. A very SIMPLE QUESTION.
Mine is almost 8 months now and still no respond.
Probably would not buy anything else from DHC in the future.

Mar 7, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #1,235 of 2,056
I waited quite a long time as well for my Prion 4 headphone cable and XLR interconnects but Peter was great with communication and the quality was worth it. This is truly an end game set of cables!

Keep in mind that Peter builds all cables by hand so it takes a long time. This guy is an artisan in the finest tradition so if you can't wait, go for another option but don't bad mouth him for telling you the truth on his site...the wait is long.

Mar 7, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #1,236 of 2,056
  I waited quite a long time as well for my Prion 4 headphone cable and XLR interconnects but Peter was great with communication and the quality was worth it. This is truly an end game set of cables!

Keep in mind that Peter builds all cables by hand so it takes a long time. This guy is an artisan in the finest tradition so if you can't wait, go for another option but don't bad mouth him for telling you the truth on his site...the wait is long.

I haven't got a cable yet but communication with Peter was great.
So I fully agree with you, don't blame him for not offering what he doesn't claim to offer!

Mar 8, 2017 at 3:55 PM Post #1,237 of 2,056
Some of you have mentioned using a hair dryer to shape/ heat-form the end of the cord around your ear so you don't have to use a memory sleeve/wire. Can those that have done this explain how it's done in detail?
Thanks

Mar 8, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #1,238 of 2,056
Some of you have mentioned using a hair dryer to shape/ heat-form the end of the cord around your ear so you don't have to use a memory sleeve/wire. Can those that have done this explain how it's done in detail?
Thanks

I've found DHC iem cables so pliable they just wrap over my ear with no problem.

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #1,239 of 2,056
Just the facts:

1. I placed my order for 1 set of DHC Molecule Elite Headphone Cable terminated with an Eidolic Astell & Kern gold 2.5mm TRRS balanced plug (for my Onkyo DP-x1 and & Bayerdynamic T5-p Gen 2) on September 13, 2016 - at that time the DHC website noted that orders took approximately 6 months.
2. Feb 19, 2017 I went to the DHC Website and the notice as to waiting time was now 3 months.
3. I emailed Peter Feb 19 asking about the status of my  order - to date I have not received a reply.

It has now been 6 months since my order was placed and paid for. To look on the bright side I suppose my order cannot take more than another 2 months (this assumes that the 3 month wait started from Feb 19)
biggrin.gif
!!!

Mar 19, 2017 at 1:39 AM Post #1,240 of 2,056

ddanois, You make a good point and I have no problem waiting for something that is handcrafted.  The problem I have is that the DHC Website has a statement for the last month at least that the waiting time is around 3 months.  I have already waited 6 months and still have no cable or indication of when it will come.  I am very used to waiting for handmade items and quite a number have taken a year or more and gone way over the initially promised delivery date. I have no problem with this as long as I am given a reason.  Having not received a reply to an email 1 month ago re order status all I can unfortunately think is that there would appear to be something a little inconsistent here.

Mar 19, 2017 at 2:21 AM Post #1,241 of 2,056
I cannot understand the business practice of hiding behind the so-called "handcrafted" and not being customer service oriented.

I'm sure its not too difficult to hire another craftsman or two to help with some of the work, and reduce the wait time. I operate a small business as well so its not like I don't understand the resource limitation but to have someone paid for an item in full but yet not being able to manage deliver timing is unacceptable.

I've owned the Spore4, silver Complement4 as well as copper Complement4 and Spore IC, so hell yeah I'm a big fan of DHC...but they would be able to grab more business from me if they can manage the delivery schedule a bit better (I'm not referring to the wait time but rather the proper communication as well as give a more accurate delivery schedule. Also I think he should issue refunds if he's unable to meet a certain delivery schedules)

Would be happy to order a Prion4S if I know I can get delivery within 2~3 months rather putting down a couple of thousands and not hearing anything back for half a year or so.

I think its a matter of business practice and/or expectations, that's all. Still loving all my DHC cables...

Mar 19, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #1,242 of 2,056
Hi guys, just gotten my rhapsodio solars so I'm hunting around for a new cable. Alot of people recommended me a silver litz cable so just wanted to know the difference between v2 and v3 of dhc's silver litz cable cuz i had an offer of around 250 usd for v2 in good condition. I'm pretty new to cables so err sorry for being a noob haha

Mar 19, 2017 at 9:17 AM Post #1,243 of 2,056
  Just the facts:

1. I placed my order for 1 set of DHC Molecule Elite Headphone Cable terminated with an Eidolic Astell & Kern gold 2.5mm TRRS balanced plug (for my Onkyo DP-x1 and & Bayerdynamic T5-p Gen 2) on September 13, 2016 - at that time the DHC website noted that orders took approximately 6 months.
2. Feb 19, 2017 I went to the DHC Website and the notice as to waiting time was now 3 months.
3. I emailed Peter Feb 19 asking about the status of my  order - to date I have not received a reply.

It has now been 6 months since my order was placed and paid for. To look on the bright side I suppose my order cannot take more than another 2 months (this assumes that the 3 month wait started from Feb 19)
biggrin.gif
!!!

Great quality cables, slow as molasses to get them! 
rolleyes.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:11 PM Post #1,244 of 2,056
I'm anxiously awaiting my DH adapter cables.  

I wish DH would do 2 things differently though: 
1)  Provide accurate wait time estimates on their home page - the estimates seem way too short vs. reality.
2)  Take partial deposits for orders - not payments in full, which is ridiculous for something that may not get delivered for many months or a year.  For other expensive purchases with long wait times, the most I've paid up front is 25% or 50%....and in many cases 0%.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back