Don't know what to purchase
Jul 29, 2010 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

RaaaghCats

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm thinking about getting a Sony X walkman to use with my RE0 earphones but I don't know what sort of amp it would benefit from.

I've read every thread I could but some people say any amp under say... iBasso D4 or Headstage Arrow 12he quality won't really make the sound and better or noticeable because the X series built in amp is already so good.

The most expensive amp I could afford would be an iBasso T3 ($120) and a walkman lineout cable - Would that actually make it sound any better or should I forget the amp and just use the headphone out until I can afford one of the better $250 amps?

Or should I instead get a Sony S639 which some people say sounds almost the same as the X series and use the money I'd save to buy the decent amp?

Aug 1, 2010 at 11:47 PM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Looks like a bunch of knock off crap on that site.

Looks like spam to me.  Only has 2 posts, and both mention buying from the same place.  Even his avatar says davis micro.

Aug 2, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #4 of 4
T3 will match well with X walkman and RE0 require some power to show it's full potential, So external AMPs is much better than alone Sony X walkman because i doubt it power enough to RE0 for to show it's best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back