Don't be shy, contact us directly with problems with your FiiO!
Feb 23, 2016 at 1:40 AM Post #91 of 307
Joe

I have been posting in the K5 post about the damage it has caused my 5 month old X3ii. Prior to me mounting my X3 in the K5, the micro usb port was great with no issues. After trying to get it mounted into the K5, the port is now damaged to the point that I have to wiggle the cable around for the t PC to recognize it.

Insertion of the X3 into the K5 was never an easy task.The usb ports do not line up due to the difference in back spacing compared to the X7. You have to wiggle it around until you can pry the usb jack on the K5 back against the spring to insert the X3. This has been documented by a few headfier's here at that post. This is where the damage has occurred.

It never worked in the K5. The X3 would recognize that it was docked and start charging, but it would never be recognized by the PC. I tried different usb ports on my computer, tried different usb cables and made sure the X3 was seated all the way down in the K5. I never used a case or a spacer in my K5. I even sent the K5 back for an exchange for a new different one, thinking it was a defective K5. However the new K5 performed exactly like the old one that I sent back.

The other issue was that if i tried to play music from the internal SD card while in the dock, I had little to no output on the left channel to the headphone jack.This was the same situation with both K5's.

My concern is that the X3's usb port is now damaged and I do not know how long it will keep on working before the port becomes useless and I have a $200 paper weight.

I have contacted Fiio support via email. I emailed them on 2/18 with this issue. They responded about if I used a case or the spacer which I did not, I replied on that day and am waiting for a further response

I've been told that you have been instructed by technical support via email to send your X3 2nd gen back to them for repair. :smile:

You may let me know via private message of any further developments :smile:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Feb 26, 2016 at 2:30 AM Post #92 of 307
I like to address here some issue about Fiio K5' Retail pack which is sent for India and available through Authorize Fiio Distributor channel.

I received mine Yesterday via Amazon IN and Seller is 'Origin Marketing Pvt LTD'

Now the complain about - The Cable goes to Wall Out Let To AC adopter - Provided one is not for this Country.

Below one came into the Box (Image from Wikipedia)

Goes To here (Image from Wikipedia) - Which is French Power socket.

and Indian AC plug Looks Like That (Image from Wikipedia)

The Extreme Right Side small white one suitable or applicable here.

Now here is the picture of the bundled Power Brick for Fiio K5 comes in Retail Package which have 3 Pin for (Ground,Negative & Positive) below is the picture of mine 

Now if I use the supplied AC cable then the Ground signal (Pin) no way in contact of AC Wall's Main Ground Line - Which is Translate into the recipe of Disaster ?

If adopter have two pin then I will not make the post here - but it is not.....

For the time being I'm using my HP Laptop's AC cable which is the exact match of the K5's Adopter to power the amp....but it is too Bad I will never run the both device at the same time.

Left one from the K5's package for India and the Right one is from My HP Laptop.

Feb 26, 2016 at 4:45 AM Post #93 of 307
  I like to address here some issue about Fiio K5' Retail pack which is sent for India and available through Authorize Fiio Distributor channel.

I received mine Yesterday via Amazon IN and Seller is 'Origin Marketing Pvt LTD'

Now the complain about - The Cable goes to Wall Out Let To AC adopter - Provided one is not for this Country.

Below one came into the Box (Image from Wikipedia)

Goes To here (Image from Wikipedia) - Which is French Power socket.

and Indian AC plug Looks Like That (Image from Wikipedia)

The Extreme Right Side small white one suitable or applicable here.

Now here is the picture of the bundled Power Brick for Fiio K5 comes in Retail Package which have 3 Pin for (Ground,Negative & Positive) below is the picture of mine 

Now if I use the supplied AC cable then the Ground signal (Pin) no way in contact of AC Wall's Main Ground Line - Which is Translate into the recipe of Disaster ?

If adopter have two pin then I will not make the post here - but it is not.....

For the time being I'm using my HP Laptop's AC cable which is the exact match of the K5's Adopter to power the amp....but it is too Bad I will never run the both device at the same time.

Left one from the K5's package for India and the Right one is from My HP Laptop.

The plug hardly matters and works well in the 2 pin socket in India. No issues here.

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #94 of 307
Hello Ab10,

Although the plugpack comes with three prongs, it is also double-insulated as indicated by the following symbol
and works fine and safely without the ground connection as well. :smile:

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Mar 1, 2016 at 10:48 PM Post #95 of 307
Purchased a FiiO X5 from Massdrop in November 2014. Used it once and due to illness (hospitalised for over a year) it was in my desk drawer.

I'm now trying to updated my music library but X5 will not connect to my MAC via USB. I'm using FiiO cable. I tried different ports. I have reset the device. Nothing.

X5, I have music on memory card I can listen to but can't add or edit as it will not connect via USB.

Battery seems to be problematic. It charged overnight but drained shorly after I turned the device on.

Have sent an email to FiiO tech support and am awaiting a reply.

Any suggestion folks?

Thanks so much in advance.

Warm regards, T

Mar 2, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #96 of 307
Purchased a FiiO X5 from Massdrop in November 2014. Used it once and due to illness (hospitalised for over a year) it was in my desk drawer.

I'm now trying to updated my music library but X5 will not connect to my MAC via USB. I'm using FiiO cable. I tried different ports. I have reset the device. Nothing.

X5, I have music on memory card I can listen to but can't add or edit as it will not connect via USB.

Battery seems to be problematic. It charged overnight but drained shorly after I turned the device on.

Have sent an email to FiiO tech support and am awaiting a reply.

Any suggestion folks?

Thanks so much in advance.

Warm regards, T

Hello T,

Your situation is a bit difficult as Massdrop was never one of our official dealers. You could usually return broken products to one of our distributors in your country but in Massdrop's case they obtained their stock from outside the US.

For service from FiiO you would therefore have to ship your X5 directly to us in China. Our service charge for your out-of-warranty X5 is not expensive but your shipping cost to us may be.

On the other hand, Massdrop does reputedly offer their own excellent warranty service. Though your X5 is out of warranty, you may also try contacting them:
https://helpdesk.massdrop.com/hc/en-us/articles/213283457-Does-Massdrop-offer-a-warranty-

Best regards,
Joe

Mar 2, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #97 of 307
Thanks Joe.

I have found numerous accounts of the same problem on the internet (problem being X5 does not shop up as connected via USB on PC) other X5 owners. This is a known problem.

Why can't FiiO fix it? 

Kind regards, T

Mar 2, 2016 at 6:27 AM Post #98 of 307
Thanks Joe.

I have found numerous accounts of the same problem on the internet (problem being X5 does not shop up as connected via USB on PC) other X5 owners. This is a known problem.

Why can't FiiO fix it? 

Kind regards, T

Hi T,

That problem should be addressable by updating to the firmware support@fiio sent you, but I hear you were having difficulty installing it. The battery problem on the other hand would require factory service or for you to disassemble the X5 yourself if you want to install a new battery yourself.

Unless you or someone you know is confident of doing such a disassembly, it would seem to me that the easy solution to both problems is to send the X5 to FiiO or Massdrop.

?
Best regards,
Joe

Mar 2, 2016 at 7:37 PM Post #99 of 307

Hi Joe - I managed install of firmware FiiO sent. (used white reader in X5 box. Inserted memory card - attached to Mac via USB- copied file to mem card - re-insert mem card in X5 - held combination of keys - X5 display showed update message etc...)

Install with no problem but  X5 still does not connect via USB. 

It's only the 2nd time I've used X5 due to year being hospitalised. I live in Australia. Can FiiO replace uni (send me a new one?) I return to treatment in 2 weeks. Am desperate to listen to music during convalesence.

Thanks and kind regards, T

Mar 2, 2016 at 11:52 PM Post #100 of 307
Hi Joe - I managed install of firmware FiiO sent. (used white reader in X5 box. Inserted memory card - attached to Mac via USB- copied file to mem card - re-insert mem card in X5 - held combination of keys - X5 display showed update message etc...)

Install with no problem but  X5 still does not connect via USB. 

It's only the 2nd time I've used X5 due to year being hospitalised. I live in Australia. Can FiiO replace uni (send me a new one?) I return to treatment in 2 weeks. Am desperate to listen to music during convalesence.

Thanks and kind regards, T

Hello T,

If you need to use the X5 to listen to music NOW, you can simply use the same method you used to copy the firmware (separate card reader), to copy all the music you want over to the card you're using. :xf_eek:

This should be sufficient for your present needs, as long as you also have a power source at the hospital to connect the X5 to.

Hope you get well soon :smile:

Best regards,
Joe

Mar 3, 2016 at 6:24 AM Post #101 of 307

Thanks so much Joe.

On another note to FiiO - Dear FiiO I would like to make a comment - I assume this is a bug as numerous reports of this occuring have been reported on forums and, you have made it known you are aware of this problem. As a result I believe you should have taken responsibility and replaced those devices affected and reported to you as such. It's not acceptable that a customer who has spent money has no choice but to use a work around because the device does not to do what it's supposed to do and that is attach to the PC via USB for storage or DAC !

Yes you offererd to repair the device but that means your repairing a device used for the 2 nd time though purchased in November 2014 from Massdrop who you refer to as an unauthorised vendor. To quote FiiO "Massdrop is not our authorized dealer".

From my perspective not good enough. The overall experience is not wholistic and good for me. I for one will not buy FiiO products again and will not be recommending them.

Kind regards, T

Apr 17, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #102 of 307
I purchased my Fiio X5ii in December last year after owning a first gen X5 for several years. I was happy with the improved sound quality, form factor and display on the 2nd gen X5.  After several months of light use the scroll wheel became jumpy and unpredictable- it would move the highlight in the wrong direction for a few clocks of the wheel and then respond in the correct direction - seemed to be getting more buggy over time..

I bought my both my X5s from the Headphone Bar in Vancouver.  I brought my X5 into the shop yesterday, expecting to get help to ship it to Fiio for warranty service.  Instead the proprietor of the store tested the unit with an earlier firmware version.  He was satisfied it was a hardware issue and exchanged it for a new X5 on the spot and said he would return the defective unit to the distributor in Toronto.  Very happy with the outcome.  A good reason to deal only with an authorized distributor.  My new Fiio works flawlessly with 1.27 beta. I have read posts from others with this problem.  I just hope this is a rare defect and not a design flaw.

Apr 17, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #103 of 307
Just piping in to see if there is anything new on randomly skipping/pausing/restarting tracks on the X3II, currently running FW 1.4 with a 128GB Samsung Evo (looking for a smaller MicroSD to upgrade to 1.6). What has me intrigued is that if I manually restart the track it usually plays through, or if it skips it will skip from a different point. I have noticed it a lot more in the last week or so.

Off Topic, will the FW1.6 be posted to the Head Fi thread eventually or are you holding off it due to the OTG removal etc?

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:44 AM Post #104 of 307
I have a fault with my X1 I wonder if anyone can help. It starts up okay and you can select a track but as soon as you plug in any headphones the unit switches off. 
If you plug the headphones in first then it works until you select a track then it switches off.

I have tried hard resetting, factory resetting, different SD card, different headphones and reinstalling the firmware. Still no fix.

many thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Apr 20, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #105 of 307
I own 3 (THREE) Fiio E12's.  One has a volume pot that is hard to turn.  The other 2 have a problem with the pot as well.  When I turn the volume up, there is crackling in my earphones.  Is dirt or something in the pot.  Being that I only pulled the 3rd one (new in box) out 2 weeks ago and haven't left my house makes me wonder why there hasn't been more posted on this.  I can't believe I am that unlucky.  Going to my Cayin C5 for now (am tired of blowing earphones due to distortion).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back