Does your rolex get noticed?
May 13, 2009 at 4:48 PM Post #106 of 140
A skeleton watch with a leather strap would be far more steampunk/retro than that...which is a regular watch (maybe even a quartz) with some completely crazy strap contraption. Eccentric indeed.

May 13, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #107 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by MartinJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
patates: I love your watch! Where did you buy it from?

It's not mine, it was just an example. but apparently there are items like that being sold, with prices up to 1200 quids.

May 14, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #109 of 140
I wouldn't want the woman that strikes up a conversation because she sees me wearing a cool watch. She might be hot and fun later, but smells like a gold digger. Just get anything descent Swiss made (Tissot, Wenger, Swiss Army) that you like and spend the rest of the money on nicer dates.
wink_face.gif

May 15, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #110 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What if you're a commando and needs accuracy down to the second when blowing things up?

LMAO at u

May 16, 2009 at 3:28 AM Post #113 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am considering to buy $3,000 quartz. Now am I stoopid?

Which one? If I bought an expensive quartz it would be a Citizen Chronomaster I think.

May 16, 2009 at 3:55 AM Post #114 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am considering to buy $3,000 quartz. Now am I stoopid?

No. While it may not be the most price-efficient choice, at least a quartz movement will be as accurate as essentially any other watch out there.

May 16, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #115 of 140
If it doesnt contain gold in the construction then why would a quartz cost 3000 dollars? Im not doubting your choice, I am just curious. How deep can you take it without a screw on crown?

Iquiring minds what to know.

May 16, 2009 at 11:09 AM Post #116 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twoguns /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want it to be noticed by girls, over 21.. get a Breitling with tons of complications.
If you want it to be noticed by ppl who actually know watches, get a vintage Rolex or Omega.

if u wanna be noticed by girls...stop caring about the watch.

focus on clothing and hairstyle....and get some accessories like bracelet, neckchain etc.

May 16, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #117 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if u wanna be noticed by girls...stop caring about the watch.

focus on clothing and hairstyle....and get some accessories like bracelet, neckchain etc.

True, but personality helps a lot. Or just get a puppy and walk it where women are commonly found. The only thing that outdraws a dog for attention is a baby.

But you'll never have to pay child support for a dog.

May 16, 2009 at 11:36 AM Post #118 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
and get some accessories like bracelet, neckchain etc.

In all my 31 years on this earth, I've never once met a girl who gave a crap about bracelets or necklaces.

"Accessories" will get you noticed by guys who prefer the touch of another man, not that there's anything wrong with that if that's your thing.

May 16, 2009 at 11:04 PM Post #119 of 140
Quote:

Originally Posted by ka-boom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In all my 31 years on this earth, I've never once met a girl who gave a crap about bracelets or necklaces.

"Accessories" will get you noticed by guys who prefer the touch of another man, not that there's anything wrong with that if that's your thing.

Never seen a girl notice a watch either. Get a good hairstyle. That's the most noticable. Either that or stop being a girl and go talk to the girl instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back