Does the sony walkman LOD function the same as an iPod LOD?
Jan 6, 2011 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

acegazda

100+ Head-Fier
I'm thinking of getting this: http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-L5-Line-Cable-Walkman/dp/B003UCI2CI/ref=acc_glance_e_ai_purchase_similarities_t_3 for my dap. Is this a true line out? Will it improve the sound if I run my Fiio E5 from this instead of from the headphone jack? Thanks.

Jan 6, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #2 of 7
I bought 2 of these from an ebay supplier...one had about a 5" silver cable and the other had just an output jack so one could use their own cable of any desired length.

They both work very well. Quality is excellent and they sound superb. I feel sure that they are true line-outs as the volume is fixed and is not affected by the Sony volume control.  The DSP settings do still work normally.

IMO, this is a product that is long overdue and well worth the small amount of money.

Ron

Jan 7, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #3 of 7
Does anyone know how the internal amp of the Sony NWZ-A728 compares to the Fiio E5? I just wanna gauge how much of an improvement I'd get from an LOD as opposed to just running it through the headphone jack. Also; it would be helpful if someone explained how to qualitatively judge headphone amps... is it the amount of power they can put out?

Jan 7, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
Does anyone know how the internal amp of the Sony NWZ-A728 compares to the Fiio E5? I just wanna gauge how much of an improvement I'd get from an LOD as opposed to just running it through the headphone jack. Also; it would be helpful if someone explained how to qualitatively judge headphone amps... is it the amount of power they can put out?

You judge a headphone amp by how it sounds through your kit into your ears - everything else is just someone else's opinion. I havent heard the E5, but if it comes within range of the internal amp in the Sony X1060 you will be very happy indeed. I can only assume that Sony installed something approaching the X1060s amp in the A728, and I base that on my time with a cheaper but very enjoyable Sony DAP. Still, the X1060 stands head and shoulders above the others IMO.

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #5 of 7
thanks. makes it kinda hard since I can't get out and try a ton of amps, or the x1060 for that matter. can anyone compare the E5 amp and the x1060 amp or speak to the quality of the E5 in comparison to an NWZ-a728?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back