Does anywhere still sell the AKG501s?
Sep 29, 2010 at 3:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

leng jai

1000+ Head-Fier
Always been interested in these cans but it appears they are now discontinued. Does anyone know of any online retailers that still have some new ones for sale?

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 6
Nope.  This is the right forum.

I haven't seen any new K-501s for a few years.  When they were discontinued, I think they dropped to around $90-$100 and stocks disappeared pretty fast.  Occasionally, a NOS one turns up here, but most have been used.  I wish you could still get them new.

Quote:
Shouldn't this be posted in the buy/sell section of the forum?

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #4 of 6

I know.  Took a break from this forum for a while and only recently came back and they've completely disappeared. Not even ebay seems to have any.

Quote:
I haven't seen any new K-501s for a few years.  When they were discontinued, I think they dropped to around $90-$100 and stocks disappeared pretty fast.  Occasionally, a NOS one turns up here, but most have been used.  I wish you could still get them new.

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #5 of 6
I saw a couple on the bay listed as NOS and as you can see, I haven't been here for long. 

Just do a search every now and again
biggrin.gif

Sep 30, 2010 at 10:09 AM Post #6 of 6
hey hide them from leng jais* like you out of jealousy, and leave them to the less attractive like us
tongue.gif

* more or less 'pretty boy' in Cantonese

Users who are viewing this thread

Back