Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Jun 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #1,186 of 1,409
Quote:

Actually, "PCM to analog" is pretty non existent today. See the link: http://www.pstracks.com/pauls-posts/ps-dsd/8946/ 

And I, for one, am not surprised that so many manufacturers are enabling DSD playback on their delta sigma DACs. That's simply the right thing to do. Let us play all the formats we have, especially that today's converter technology allows that.

Sorry, I just don't see the media with DSD encoded. All of my Blu Ray concert discs are standard PCM to analog.

Jun 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #1,187 of 1,409
Quote:
Sorry, I just don't see the media with DSD encoded. All of my Blu Ray concert discs are standard PCM to analog.

If you want DSD encoded media try any of the audiophile releases from labels like Audio Fidelity, MoFi, ORG Music, Analogue Productions - they all release music on SACD. And BTW, when you play those PCM Blu-ray concerts your blu-ray player doesn't convert them directly to analog (see Paul McGowan's article above).

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM Post #1,188 of 1,409
Quote:
If you want DSD encoded media try any of the audiophile releases from labels like Audio Fidelity, MoFi, ORG Music, Analogue Productions - they all release music on SACD. And BTW, when you play those PCM Blu-ray concerts your blu-ray player doesn't convert them directly to analog (see Paul McGowan's article above).

I don't really use SACDs much...and as I mentioned, the music I listen too isn't on DSD...not even close.

Jun 26, 2013 at 3:18 PM Post #1,189 of 1,409
Yes.  When.......................would anything decent come out on DSD?  It could take forever.

Jun 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM Post #1,190 of 1,409
There are a few classical recordings I've been considering buying in DSD format but other than that I will just wait an keep my fingers crossed.  I'd love it if somehow HDTracks added DSD files as an option, along with AIFF and FLAC.

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #1,192 of 1,409
We (CA members) need more clout; alliances, on our side. And a BIG stick! 
ksc75smile.gif

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #1,194 of 1,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPR8R /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'd sign that petition!

Sometimes in this hobby, our representation appears thinner
tongue_smile.gif
 than the knife used to cut the slice of the pie.

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:21 PM Post #1,195 of 1,409
Quote:

tongue_smile.gif

Yeah, I don't see HDTracks adding new servers to accommodate the 19 of us who want DSD files.

Jun 28, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #1,196 of 1,409
Quote:
Quote:

tongue_smile.gif

Yeah, I don't see HDTracks adding new servers to accommodate the 19 of us who want DSD files.

I was glad when they added AIFF!

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #1,197 of 1,409
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was glad when they added AIFF!

OH, you had it good then. I'm a customer of iTrax - a small operation that I'm excited to support. But, I always make sure I'm able to multi-task when navigating the site. You'd think with only a few selections, the web experience would be both brief and brisk. 
rolleyes.gif

I stand behind what they're trying to do and their efforts, though. 

Jun 28, 2013 at 11:01 PM Post #1,198 of 1,409
BTW, SO, I just DL'd and had a great time listening to Anita Baker's Rapture in 24/192..
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back