Does anyone else think that the "elbows" on headphones look weird?
Jul 9, 2010 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

phixeos

New Head-Fier
I'm looking to buy a ATH-FC700 and while the cups look awesome, the elbows on the phone just look weird when you wear it. It just out to make all this extra space between the  band and your head. The last time I had phones like these with the bent elbows, I just looked like a loser wearing them. Does anyone else ever feel the same way?

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #2 of 6

Quote:
I'm looking to buy a ATH-FC700 and while the cups look awesome, the elbows on the phone just look weird when you wear it. It just out to make all this extra space between the  band and your head. The last time I had phones like these with the bent elbows, I just looked like a loser wearing them. Does anyone else ever feel the same way?

lol....i feel pretty comfortable with my headphones. Thats the reason i use Iems when im on the streets, and use full size cans when im home. 

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 6
Yeah.  I know that the Korean headphone community, for example, call this the "Yoda effect", meaning that it's shaped to fit properly only on ppl with heads that is shaped like the Jedi master.
tongue.gif

There's a reason why some manufacturers do this though... this design reduces (or is supposed to, anyway) the clamping effect compared to the more standard arc designs, as it reduces the headband arc tension.

Jul 9, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #5 of 6
I can't really see how my headphones look when they're on my head, and I try not to think about it.  Especially when I'm rocking out on my DT150s, which have the biggest, ugliest headband ever made.

Criteria:
1. Sound Quality
2. Comfort
3. Ease to Drive
4. Cost
5. Looks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back